Wireless connection problem

Liam Liam Liam O

Our Virgin broadband went off this morning & XP showed the network as having "limited or no connectivity"

Phoned them up and they've re-set it & I can now get onto the internet via one of our laptops, but the other is still showing as limited/no connectivity?

Any ideas?

Is wireless turned on on your laptop? Is there a button on the router to make it available to be found for new computers?

Yeah its turned on & no there isn't a button.

The working laptop can see 4 networks in the street but the non-working one can't see any.  Chances that something is fucked?

:no:

Disconnected it, then reconnected it - still no change.

It says that I'm connected to the network (ie the name of the network & speed are there when I hover over the connection in the taskbar), but the virgin connection manager reckons the wireless router isn't connected to the internet. :(

Think I may try taking the PC to my parents' tomorrow & connecting to their network.

Sorted.

Spoke to Virgin for 20 minutes, who eventually said I'd have to find the CD which came with the PC (no fucking chance :lol: ) and reinstall the network drivers.

Couldnt find it, so as a last resort, restored to a previous backup point (which happened to be yesterday) and everything works fine again. Genius. :lol: