Premier League Home Grown Rule for 2010/2011 Season

Guest michaelfoster

Guest michaelfoster

Not sure if people know/remembered but this kicks in from the start of next season for the Premier League.

Do you all realise that the new PL squad rules start in 10/11 season?

For those unaware here are the details as we know so far: (The Premiership has not released, the full rules):

Overall squad limit of 25 players (to be registered before the seasons starts like the Champions League)

Limit of 17 players aged 21 and above and not "home grown";

The remaining 8 players will be aged 21 and under and home grown;

"Home grown" defined by a player who has spent 36 months prior to his twenty-first birthday at an English or Welsh club.

So atm we have

Home Grown

Harper

Nolan

Williamson

Barton

Guthrie

Routledge

Simpson

R.Taylor

Smith

Butt (out of contract)

Best

Ameobi

S.Taylor

Home Grown & Under 21

Carroll

Krul

Lua Lua

Ranger

Forster

Donaldson

Tozer

Fergsuon

Godsmark (out of contract)

Tavernier

Inman? (not sure)

Foreign Players (17 max)

Coloccini

Enrique

Lovenkrands

Jonas

Pancrate (out of contract)

Kadar

Zamblera

Danquah (out of contract)

Ngo Baheng (out of contract)

Soderberg

Vuckic

It means when we are signing players we are going to have to be careful about signing players from othr countries and signing players in general due to us only being able to have 25 players registered to play

Guest toonlass

What about under 21's?

what you mean?

Well you said we can register 25 players, and that

17 players aged 21 and above and not "home grown";

The remaining 8 players will be aged 21 and above and home grown;

"Home grown" defined by a player who has spent 36 months prior to his twenty-first birthday at an English or Welsh club.

Doesn't metion anything about under 21's,  only in what constitutes "Home Grown" status

Guest michaelfoster

What about under 21's?

what you mean?

Doesn't metion anything about under 21's,  only in what contitutes "Home Grown" status

Sorry i think there was a typo in the OP, fixed it now, there has to be at least 8 players aged 21 or under

Guest toonlass

What about under 21's?

what you mean?

Doesn't metion anything about under 21's,  only in what contitutes "Home Grown" status

Sorry i think there was a typo in the OP, fixed it now, there has to be at least 8 players aged 21 or under

And that's from August this year?

Guest michaelfoster

Ive broken the OP down a bit more, so we need the following

17 players from the Home Grown & Foreign List plus 8 players from the Home Grown Under 21 List

Nah Michael, basically if you can only have a squad of 25 and only 17 of them can be 21 or over as you originally said then it's obvious that you need 8 players under 21 in your squad.

Some people say I point out the obvious, just as fucking well since some of you can't see it. :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

Nah Michael, basically if you can only have a squad of 25 and only 17 of them can be 21 or over as you originally said then it's obvious that you need 8 players uder 21 in your squad.

Some people say I point out the obviouse, just as f***ing well since some of you can't see it. :lol:

Fixed your obvious spelling mistake ;)

Nah Michael, basically if you can only have a squad of 25 and only 17 of them can be 21 or over as you originally said then it's obvious that you need 8 players uder 21 in your squad.

Some people say I point out the obviouse, just as f***ing well since some of you can't see it. :lol:

Thats the last fucking time I back you up. :laugh:

Guest michaelfoster

Thats the last f***ing time I back you up. :laugh:

:D

Guest toonlass

If it were up to me the first out the door would be these, with others following as soon as we have suitable (see better) replacements

So atm we have

Home Grown

R.Taylor

Smith

Butt (out of contract)

Best

Home Grown & Under 21

Lua Lua

Donaldson

Godsmark (out of contract)

Foreign Players (17 max)

Pancrate (out of contract)

Zamblera

Ngo Baheng

Danquah

Nah Michael, basically if you can only have a squad of 25 and only 17 of them can be 21 or over as you originally said then it's obvious that you need 8 players under 21 in your squad.

Some people say I point out the obvious, just as f***ing well since some of you can't see it. :lol:

I think you missed the obvious one even if it wasn't obviouse.

Guest toonlass

By the time he's 21 won't Kadar have been here for 3 years?

How old is he now?

Turned 20 a few weeks ago.

Yeah then

Guys i think its more like this. You have a 21 man squad. 17 players can be foreign. And the other 8 must be home grown. Under 21 players don't need to be given a squad number to play and can count for home grown players if placed in the squad.

Guest michaelfoster

Guys i think its more like this. You have a 21 man squad. 17 players can be foreign. And the other 8 must be home grown. Under 21 players don't need to be given a squad number to play and can count for home grown players if placed in the squad.

I think the players have to be registered before the seasons starts to be allowed to play regardless of age

Guest optimistic nit

I think the players have to be registered before the seasons starts to be allowed to play regardless of age

that would be stupid though, what if a team had 7-8 first teamers injured? then they'd not be able to fill the bench.

"Players who are aged under 21 are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad."

That means youngsters does not need to be registered under the 25 player limit, or am I just too tired to read it right?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Someone should consult FM.

Its hugely broke in FM. They added the rule without knowing the ins and outs, as much as I hate to admit it.

In looking at the Premier League site, the wording is that there should be a squad of 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over 21 and not 'home grown'. My interpretation is that you can go over the 17 limit of non-home grown players, providing those extra players are under 21.

What the rule restricts is the signing of older foreign players, although given that no Premier League club would currently fall foul of the rule (even Chelsea), I can't see how it'll be that effective.