Owen powers on

Mags Serbia

From nufc.com

http://www.nufc.com/2006-07images/owen-training.jpg

Speaking on the day that he switched on the Newcastle city Centre Christmas lights, striker Michael Owen expressed optimism that his recovery from injury remains on track:

"You don't want to create a false belief so when I first had it done I thought you might as well write the season off and everyone else did as well but the operation was great.

"The surgeon was happy with what he saw inside my knee and sees no reason, along as I have a good rehabilitation, to think there will be any future damage.

"I would love to play again this season.

"How long I play and if I play - and that is the big question - until I step up my programme it is impossible to tell.

"Certainly you have got to have a target when you are down in the gym every day and my target is certainly to play again this season.

"I'm still in the gym and I shall be for quite a while yet obviously.

"I'm rowing, I'm on the bike, I'm walking on an incline on the treadmill and I'm swimming so that is probably the case for another four weeks then we will start picking things up gradually.

"I've got to have a scan as well, that's in December or early January, and as long as they say the bone is knitting together with the graft then we can push on.

"Round the turn of the year will be the important bit and then it will be all systems go for a return.

"We have done particularly well in the cup competitions but not so well in the league, and Arsenal away is always going to be a tough game.

"They played really well against Liverpool the other day.

"It is always a top place to go and we have got a couple of really important games coming up.

"We have got Watford coming up, and Portsmouth at home and we need to pick up points in the league really.

"Hopefully we can progress in the cups because this place would take off if we won some silverware, but I think we need to pick up a couple of good results in the league to take the pressure off."

"I'm rowing, I'm on the bike, I'm walking on an incline on the treadmill and I'm swimming so that is probably the case for another four weeks then we will start picking things up gradually"

So he's fitter than Ameobi then.  :roll:

"I'm rowing, I'm on the bike, I'm walking on an incline on the treadmill and I'm swimming so that is probably the case for another four weeks then we will start picking things up gradually"

So he's fitter than Ameobi then.  :roll:

:obi: :obi: :obi:

Hoep everything does come together well for Owen, we need a bit of positive news for a change. If we can get him on the pitch for the last month of the season that would be a massive boost. Tell England to keep their hands off and go through a decent pre-season and with a bit of luck we may get the chance to see the best of MO.

He is a top player if he can regain full fitness he will be a massive asset for us. His goal reecord for every team he has played for has been great even for us in the small amount of games he has played.

Good luck Michael.

"Hopefully we can progress in the cups because this place would take off if we won some silverware, but I think we need to pick up a couple of good results in the league to take the pressure off."

And then they interviewed Roeder who says that he does not feel any pressure and the players do not feel under pressure, he said you only have to look at the performances against Man City and Watford to see that.

This tosser actually believes that the team are doing okay, in fact he is only a whisker away from mentioning 'lady luck and proper players'

I really see relegation a strong possibility if this carrys on till xmas

i think he will definitely make an impact when he comes back and i cant wait because i see him as a legend for joining the club and he was electric for us last year when he was fit remember the hat trick against west ham, breathtaking!

its only a matter of a few months now and when you look at it in weeks, 25, it doesnt seem forever either