You're Mike Ashley - what do you do?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

I know there is huge gratitude towards Hughton for what he has done this year, but even the most sentimental supporter has to come to terms with the fact that he may not be up to the task in the premiership

I hope to god he does well next year i really do, but i am very unsure

interesting question, spend it all in the summer or save a bit for jan, i think better to use most of it in the summer and trust hughtons judgement shopping in jan is a risky and expensive way to improve a side (this jan window is the first one in a long while where we can say we havent screwed up every transfer)

Guest Stephen927

I would stick with Hughton. The fans opinion of him has changed drastically this season, to get rid of him now would bring unwanted media coverage on the club ahead of a big season back in the top flight. Got to back your manager, so I would, unless his transfer targets were ridiculous.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has to back his manager.

Yup. If he doesn't believe Hughton is the man for the job then he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

Does his contract end this year or next?

And you really believe Ashley appointed Hughton genuinely believing he was the man for the job?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would stick with Hughton. The fans opinion of him has changed drastically this season, to get rid of him now would bring unwanted media coverage on the club ahead of a big season back in the top flight. Got to back your manager, so I would, unless his transfer targets were ridiculous.

Not saying now.

Say we are into November and not into double figures, points wise?

He sacks Hughton, and the new manager has no funds to work with.

Thats a bad place!

Has to back his manager.

Yup. If he doesn't believe Hughton is the man for the job then he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

And you really believe Ashley appointed Hughton genuinely believing he was the man for the job?

He was appointed because he was cheap, I have few doubts about that. I guess I'm still referring to what a non-stupid fuck would do, rather than Ashley.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Either give him all of the money or replace him in the summer.

Worth putting this as an option!?!

Hughton has another year left on his contract.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Retain Hughton in a coaching capacity.

Even mild mannered Chris wouldnt stand for that!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Retain Hughton in a coaching capacity.

There's not a chance on earth he'd accept that. And rightly so.

He probably would.

No chance