Where's good for a quick break in the sun over the Xmas holidays?

GM

Where's good for a quick break in the sun over the Xmas holidays?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Where's good for a quick break in the sun over the Xmas holidays?

• Portugal (Algarve)
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Greece
    • Other

If you were thinking of taking a short holiday between between Xmas and going back to work after New Year and you wanted to get some sunshine but not spend too much money, where would you recommend?  :cool:

prague(now the brit stag season is dead),reykjavik(before the damming and aluminium stuff hits the fan),riga,belfast.

Sunshine. I said SUNSHINE... :wullie:

I hear Norway's good for about an hour a days worth around this time of year.  :thup:

prague(now the brit stag season is dead),reykjavik(before the damming and aluminium stuff hits the fan),riga,belfast.

He'd be lucky to see an hour's worth of sun combined in that little lot!

Having said all that - I went to Prague for New Year a while back and it was fucking ace.  :thup:

All depends on ya price range mate, where you looking to fly from?

Probably Manchester as I'll be in that neck of the woods spending Xmas with my lass and her folks. I reckon Algarve should be quite nice - Dubai's a bit too far for me and I'm not keen on it anyway (cheers anyway Chez!) - don't know whether the weather will be much cop that time of year though...

Guest Toon Sarnie

Have a look on BA.com, they've done a repricing structure on short haul european flights, and you'll be able to get a hotel as well. :thup:

All depends on ya price range mate, where you looking to fly from?

Probably Manchester as I'll be in that neck of the woods spending Xmas with my lass and her folks. I reckon Algarve should be quite nice - Dubai's a bit too far for me and I'm not keen on it anyway (cheers anyway Chez!) - don't know whether the weather will be much cop that time of year though...

Got some good hotel info for out in Dubai, it is a bit of a hike but guaranteed sun + private beach  :thup:

cozy cottage in the lakes,log fires,warm local pubs,frosty walks,being cold but GETTING WARM(get my drift) :winking:

.....perhaps when he retires... :lol:

Man of his age, not that long away I would imagine.  :winking:

cozy cottage in the lakes,log fires,warm local pubs,frosty walks,being cold but GETTING WARM(get my drift) :winking:

Man of his age, not that long away I would imagine. :winking:

I'm younger than Chex ffs!!!

:shok:

He'll be making whoopee in the Lake district?

:lol:

Just doesn't sound like his cup of tea. Personally, I couldn't imagine a worse 'holiday' than a cold, wet week in Keswick, drinking with the local mongs and looking at hills with the smell of cow-shit ever present.  :thdn:

bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Toon Sarnie

get the right place and it works.........no woman can resist a log fire.

A big purple helmet has them weak at the knees tbh

:lol: :thup: