Firefox

Skirge

Doesn't seem as good as it used to be does it. I've just started using Chrome and I must say, it's pretty rapid. The pages seem to load quicker, and even when you click the icon it seems to be in your face instantly.

There are a few things I prefer about Firefox, but I think I'm going to persist with Chrome for a while longer.

was firefox fan, until recently where the amount of CPU/memory it wants is ridiculous! chrome is the easiest and best browser i've ever used! simple and effective, the add-on's are much easier to use than firefox's

No problems here with Firefox.

Avoid IE at all costs though.

I used to say that and used Firefox and Chrome but Firefox has gone downhill badly, and IE8 on Windows 7 is spot on it's quick, loads all the sites I need it to load and has enough extensions for what I use it for. I still use Chrome but firefox isn't even on my machine any more. Yeah I know IE destroys standards but the fact is unless your doing web design you just want the browser to load up quick and load sites quickly without crashing and IE8 does this perfectly on Windows 7.

I used to say that and used Firefox and Chrome but Firefox has gone downhill badly, and IE8 on Windows 7 is spot on it's quick, loads all the sites I need it to load and has enough extensions for what I use it for. I still use Chrome but firefox isn't even on my machine any more. Yeah I know IE destroys standards but the fact is unless your doing web design you just want the browser to load up quick and load sites quickly without crashing and IE8 does this perfectly on Windows 7.

It's good to hear Chrome now has an ad-blocker knocking around, I don't browse the net without one anymore. IE8 is a big improvement on IE6, urgh, but I just hate the layout of it, the zero customisation, the shit addons. The only thing I like is the loadup time, but then my Firefox loads up in about 3 seconds.

I tried Chrome but didn't like the tabs being up top, plus other things annoyed me too. Opera was nice but still way behind FF and Chrome, I guess it's just nice to have more choice than we used to.

As soon as Chrome builds up lots of add-ons and allows me to customise button layout then I'll consider it. For now, Firefox runs like a champ for me.

It's good to hear Chrome now has an ad-blocker knocking around, I don't browse the net without one anymore. IE8 is a big improvement on IE6, urgh, but I just hate the layout of it, the zero customisation, the shit addons. The only thing I like is the loadup time, but then my Firefox loads up in about 3 seconds.

I tried Chrome but didn't like the tabs being up top, plus other things annoyed me too. Opera was nice but still way behind FF and Chrome, I guess it's just nice to have more choice than we used to.

As soon as Chrome builds up lots of add-ons and allows me to customise button layout then I'll consider it. For now, Firefox runs like a champ for me.

Sticking the tabs at the top does save quite a bit of space at the top, you don't need that windows bar like you get on Firefox. It's just a matter of getting used to it though really, rather than one way being better than the other.

The best thing about chrome is running different tabs as different processes, allowing multithreading, which is very useful considering almost all processors today are dual or quad core, meaning one tab choking on some java or flash doesn't kill the rest of the browser. Apparently the newest Firefox beta does this too though, so it's just a matter of time.

I like Chrome a lot, however the awesome bar on firefox where you just type in a name or even a topic title and it lists the pages instantly, still takes too long and isn't as good as FF.

Firefox could steal the tab position from Chrome and the status/ loading bar being smaller, though you can probably get extensions that cover that I just cba to look !

Being having a lot of issues with Firefox for awhile now. D/L chrome and safari ages ago as backup against this kind of thing, I think i'll switch over to chrome now. Wouldn't touch IE with a barge pole