Mozilla Firefox - HELP!!!!

Guest kebabstylee

Guest kebabstylee

This really weird thing happened to me the other day when using Firefox. I was browsing the net and it all just locked up - the system was still running (ie i could exit out of Mozilla, minimise it and everything), but Firefox itself had stopped. The refresh button didnt work, nor the back button, nor typing in a new URL. So i quit out of it and went to go back into it. Then this little pop up menu appeared before the program loaded, which i have never seen before. It asked me what profile i wanted to use for Firefox. I went to click on the one that was already there, but it said it was in use, and wouldn't let me use it. Now obviously at this point, the sensible thing to do would have been to restart my PC, but i couldn't be bothered with all that, so i just decided to create a new profile for firefox (i never even realised it had its own profiles before), thinking that when I got back into it, I could just change it back to the one i was using before.

However....

I'm now using this new profile, and firefox is like it's just been installed - none of my bookmarks, none of my saved passwords etc. etc.

I've gone through every single bloody menu and option in there, and I can't find a single thing about changing profiles. It seems i have lost all my passwords and bookmarks forever.

I even went on "Help" but it returned nothing when I searched for "profile".

Can anyone tell me how to change my profile back to the original one? PLEEASE. I've lost so much stuff!

Well when that happens (locking up and it asks you for a profile) I usually just press control alt and delete and end the firefox process, it'll usually let you back into your old profile straight away.

I'm at the womans house now and she doesn't have it installed so I can't really check to see if you can change the profile you're using, sorry.