Shola's Testimonial

Ocho

Isn't he due one soon?

Even though he's been gash for a large part of his career, I'm sure he's brought a smile to everyone's lives at some point.  I'll be there to show my appreciation.

Guest johnson293

Jeez, how time flies.

When I saw this thread, my initial thought was that a testimonial should only be for players that have played for the first team for 10 years, not just been at a club for 10 years... then I looked up the stats.

He actually did start in the first team in 2000 (made 22 appearances), and before that had been in the youth team(s) since 1995!!

I was thinking he'd only been at the club since 1999/2000 ish, and only in the first team since 2003-4 ish!

So, aye - he's probably due a Testimonial then.

Would fucking love that. Shola despite him being an average footballer, always brings a smile to my face whether its from the sheer comedy of the man or the look of absolute delight on his face everytime he scores :lol: Love seeing him do well and it would be a very nice thing to do especially if the proceeds went to a worthy cause.

Anything to have Shearer up front, also he could bring back a lot of players, Robert etc, great for the memories but would probs get hammerd by a half decent team, so we best have it against Darlo.

Anything to have Shearer up front, also he could bring back a lot of players, Robert etc, great fro the memories but would probs get hammerd by a half decent team, so we best have it against Darlo.

He'd probably invite Jenas and Dyer back, so they can do the smoking gun celebration when Shola scores with a misplaced bounce off his shin.

Guest michaelfoster

Why would I pay to go and see a guy stand offside for 90 minutes? ;)

Shola would probably decide not to have a referee or linesman, at least he couldnt get penalised for fouls or offsides

Jeez, how time flies.

When I saw this thread, my initial thought was that a testimonial should only be for players that have played for the first team for 10 years, not just been at a club for 10 years... then I looked up the stats.

He actually did start in the first team in 2000 (made 22 appearances), and before that had been in the youth team(s) since 1995!!

I was thinking he'd only been at the club since 1999/2000 ish, and only in the first team since 2003-4 ish!

So, aye - he's probably due a Testimonial then.

:lol:  i remember back in the day i'd always get a bit peturbed that Lua Lua was being dropped for this tall guy...