Newcastle U 15's win Nike Premier Cup

Chase

Youngsters "just do it"

Congratulations to Newcastle United's U15s, who won the UK finals of the 2010 Nike Premier Cup on Saturday after beating Chelsea.

Staged at Warwick University, the young Magpies won through from a tough group that included Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers and Portsmouth.

Steve Stone's side then progressed through quarter and semi final stages to a final against Chelsea which finished goalless after extra time, Newcastle then triumphing 3-1 on penalties.

This victory ensures qualification for the world finals of this event, which are staged in Manchester this coming August. Over 9,000 teams from 43 countries will compete in qualifying for 20 places at the finals.

http://nufc.com/

Havn't seen this posted anywhere else so thought I'd put it on here.

Congratulations to the team, it's good to see our youth teams showing some progress with the U18's in the semi finals of the youth cup and now the U15 winning this event.

Also, when did Steve Stone join us as their coach? I'd not heard anything about this.

Certainly bodes well for the future with, as you say Chase, both the U15s and U18s doing well.

I take it this means we play the likes of Barcelona and Inter Milan U15s?

Teams from all over the world apparently. I read today that there would be a bunch of Korean lads going to this, didn't know NUFC would be as well!

Not the 15's no, My cousin plays for the U14's but he and a few others played for the 15's for this Tournament. The U14's have got a few tidy players like, they had some kid over from Texas for a trial last time I seen them, he looked pretty nifty, no idea what happened like.

Given the youth set-up at Arsenal

The U18/Reserve teams at the Arse are all boosted by signings from other clubs. They are lucky that Wimbledon moved MK as that is how they got the one 1st team player from pre-acadmy to 1st team player.

Forget Texas exists sometimes tbh

Or that it's even a hot bed for soccer.

Yeah, I was going to say that, but they have produced Clint Dempsey, and I would assume with a large Mexican population they might have one.

I should probably go to BigSoccer and tell everyone about this kid, next Freddy Adu.