Pro Cycling Thread

I agree the racing would be better potentially (or it could just be really negative and boring), but the main argument for keeping radios is rider safety and I don’t think there’s any realistic way round that.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Seriously hope he makes it to Paris, if he does surely he wins it and takes the record. 

They’re going over some seriously high mountains in the Pyrenees like

Be shan as fuck if he gets eliminated by a mountain stage time limit.

Am sure some large brown paper envelopes sent by Specialized and Oakley to Prudhomme would ensure that he found a reason to bend the rules.

On 15/07/2021 at 21:18, bobbydazzla said:

Apart from Cav, the only thing of interest this tour is speculating about who told the bizzies that Bahrain are on the gear  

now being said it is mechanical doping with weird noises being heard on the rear wheel of four teams. Don’t say who other than they have won 13 stages

4 different teams using an array of different components from an array of different manufacturers, but they’ve all got an undetectable secret weapon hidden on their bikes.

Given how mucky cycling has been I wouldn’t rule anything out when it comes to cheating, but this one does seem a bit far fetched to be plausible. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

4 different teams using an array of different components from an array of different manufacturers, but they’ve all got an undetectable secret weapon hidden on their bikes.

Given how mucky cycling has been I wouldn’t rule anything out when it comes to cheating, but this one does seem a bit far fetched to be be plausible. 

Considering the x-ray stuff they have etc now, i find it far fetched they could get anything past them now.

If these are serious allegations then presumably the data files for each rider will be investigated too, check out their power, speed, heart rate etc and look for anomalies which signal that a hidden engine had been started up 

Mechanical doping would be so easy to detect and the penalties for teams are off the scale if they get found out for it. The team gets banned for 6 months. It would literally be the end of any pro team.

Chemical doping is still far harder to detect and the penalties are minor in comparison. If teams are cheating they’ll still be doing that.

Edited by Smal

5 hours ago, Smal said:

Mechanical doping would be so easy to detect and the penalties for teams are off the scale if they get found out for it. The team gets banned for 6 months. It would literally be the end of any pro team.

Chemical doping is still far harder to detect and the penalties are minor in comparison. If teams are cheating they’ll still be doing that.

Beyond a motor I wonder what form the mechanical order takes.

• 5 weeks later...

So I was on the third day of my new job today and I get asked if I can sit in on a webinar that my manager has to miss due to a double booking, so I log in to the teams meeting and I’m going through the faces on the call to see who I recognise.

in my head I was like “know them, don’t know them, kind of know that person but don’t remember where from….CHRIS BOARDMAN” then nearly shit my pants

Horrible way for Valverde's career to end with that crash yesterday in the Vuelta. Can't see him returning now at his age. I guess he can count himself somewhat lucky, as that section he went off at looked like it had a fairly nasty drop as well!

2 minutes ago, O Neill said:

Horrible way for Valverde's career to end with that crash yesterday in the Vuelta. Can't see him returning now at his age. I guess he can count himself somewhat lucky, as that section he went off at looked like it had a fairly nasty drop as well!

Fortunate to not go into the barrier.   Great servant.