World War II

Shak

Guest firetotheworks

Its been done to death in books, TV programmes, films, message boards, and conversations for the last 55 years, and yet I still find it as fascinating as I did when I first learned about it in first school.

Guest palnese

I remember my Grandfather telling stories about the Germans.

He hates them just as much today as he did 65-70 years ago.

Guest firetotheworks

There's something quintessentially Sunday about watching 'Secrets of WWII' on Yesterday, even when it's not a Sunday.

Despite them acting like absolute cunts, you have to respect the lean mean fighting machine that was Nazi Germany. One on one they could have defeated any nation on earth. Bunch of hard bastards. Thank fuck they fucked it up.

Guest firetotheworks

Despite them acting like absolute c***s, you have to respect the lean mean fighting machine that was Nazi Germany. One on one they could have defeated any nation on earth. Bunch of hard bastards. Thank f*** they f***ed it up.

Nah, not the Russians. No chance, not a chance in the world.

Despite them acting like absolute cunts, you have to respect the lean mean fighting machine that was Nazi Germany. One on one they could have defeated any nation on earth. Bunch of hard bastards. Thank fuck they fucked it up.

Russia?

Guest firetotheworks

He means man on man. But even then. Russia, every day of the week. What they went through was just astounding.

Guest palnese

He means man on man. But even then. Russia, every day of the week. What they went through was just astounding.

No wonder they're drinking like...

Had Hitler invaded Britain and not attempted to invade Russia,who knows what would've happened.

He would have won, but how he would have treated us is something i wouldn't like to think about(possibnly the same as Jews).

Despite them acting like absolute c***s, you have to respect the lean mean fighting machine that was Nazi Germany. One on one they could have defeated any nation on earth. Bunch of hard bastards. Thank f*** they f***ed it up.

You're joking right? If Germany had focused its entire strength on defeating Russia it would have done so. Only the fact that a large chunk of her forces were tied up elsewhere and some stupid high level tactical decisions prevented a total German victory in Russia.

You're joking right? If Germany had focused its entire strength on defeating Russia it would have done so. Only the fact that a large chunk of her forces were tied up elsewhere and some stupid high level tactical decisions prevented a total German victory in Russia.

This

Russias army was massive, but shit!

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, but they didn't.  :lol: Which shows they weren't up to it.

For arguments sake if they had, Germany still had the Russian advantage in numbers, the winter equipment, the tanks with a lower fuel freezing point, and the knowledge that if they were captured they were considered a traitor to contend with.

Yeah, but they didn't.  :lol: Which shows they weren't up to it.

For arguments sake if they had, Germany still had the Russian advantage in numbers, the winter equipment, the tanks with a lower fuel freezing point, and the knowledge that if they were captured they were considered a traitor to contend with.

:lol: Total nonesense!!! Haha the debate is heating up.

I was talking hypothetically. One on one in a straight fight, I believe Germany would have beaten any nation in the world. Even Russia and the USA.

Obviously as history shows, Germany didn't defeat Russia in the end but they came to within a fannies hair of doing so (it really was a close as that) and my point is that had Germany had at their disposal the forces located at the time in Western Europe and in North Africa available to them to deploy in Russia then they would have quite comfortably captured Moscow and Stalingrad and Russia would have been completely fucked and finished.

To emphasise the point I am trying to make, one of the main reasons the Luftwaffe couldn't supply the 'kessel' at Stalingrad properly was because the RAF had pretty much crippled their supply capabilites in the Med.