Bassong

Nepharite

Guest neesy111

After his year at the Spuds is he as good as we all thought he was?

too many too fan's thought he was brilliant, when he just looked good because all around him was fucking shite, good, but not the world beater some newcastle fan's thought, and his stupid sending off is one of the reason's we went down

My best mates a Spurs fan, he thinks he's alright but would pick Dawson, Woodgate, and King ahead of him if they were all fit.

Surprisingly he thinks he's not very good at playing the ball out of defence, whereas I thought that was one of his biggest assets for us..... Unsurprisingly he think's he pull shirts and clings to people too much.

After his year at the Spuds is he as good as we all thought he was?

too many too fan's thought he was brilliant, when he just looked good because all around him was f***ing s****, good, but not the world beater some newcastle fan's thought, and his stupid sending off is one of the reason's we went down

He looked so good because he compensated (at times) for the ridiuclously penetrable midfield with his superb athleticism.

Good defender, a lot better than the fella he replaced in our starting Xl.

My best mates a Spurs fan, he thinks he's alright but would pick Dawson, Woodgate, and King ahead of him if they were all fit.

Surprisingly he thinks he's not very good at playing the ball out of defence, whereas I thought that was one of his biggest assets for us..... Unsurprisingly he think's he pull shirts and clings to people too much.

Are you joking? His biggest weakness by far is his lack of ability on the ball.

Guest neesy111

he got sent off twice last season for last man offence's, one of which could be argued cost us our best chance of staying up

Yes Ronaldo, I'm joking. I made that post to fool everyone who bothered to read my input! You're all stupid for believing me.  :rolleyes:

He wasn't exactly an old fashioned centre back that liked to punt the ball up the line for us was he. The majority of the time he liked to play the ball out.

Guest kingdawson

He's been very good this season (not great today). Haven't met a spurs fan that doesn't think he's been a great signing at £8 mill.

Guest kingdawson

He's also a very big part of the reason why our defensive record is one of the best in the whole league.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

he got sent off twice last season for last man offence's, one of which could be argued cost us our best chance of staying up

Lucky to have not gave away more pens too, way too over physical in the box at times. And of course the shirt pulling.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

A fit and focused Bramble is twice the player.

Aye, but you see Hayley's Comet more often.

Guest BooBoo

I found it disappointing that Bassong washed his hands of us so quickly following relegtaion. Consdiering he made his name with us, he probably could have found it reasonable to stick around for another year.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I found it disappointing that Bassong washed his hands of us so quickly following relegtaion. Consdiering he made his name with us, he probably could have found it reasonable to stick around for another year.

Just another French Defender to use the Toon! :fishing:

Given the choice between playing in the Championship on low wages or playing in the Premier League on significantly higher wages, most will choose the latter.

From what I've seen, he's still a good players. He's a centre defender at Spurs, so he's invariably had injury issues, but he's been fine when he's played. Pretty much the same player, with the exact same deficiencies he had last season.