Champions or Undefeated Home Record?

Lenny
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not sure how to add a poll, but I just wondered what everyone's preference would be if they had to take either:

Finishing as Champions but losing against Ipswich, hence losing the chance to match a 100 or so year long record of going undefeated at home all season, or;

Finishing second but going the season undefeated at home.

Hopefully we'll achieve both, but I don't know what I'd pick to be honest, I'd be gutted if we lost to Ipswich, but at the same time I'd hate to see the smug look on Roberto Di Matteo's face if they finished ahead of us.

If I had to choose I think I would go with being champions, but it would be very bitter-sweet considering we're so close to both.

I'm pretty confident we'll do both, but until it happens each scenario is plausible. I just thought it would be interesting to see what peoples priorities are. Going undefeated at home all season is some achievement.

Guest firetotheworks

Speaking of bargaining, I was thinking this morning about Pompey. Say for example they win the FA Cup, would you take it to be in their position, knowing what we know now about the CCC?

I always find it strange the number of people that whine about whether they think a thread is necessary or not. I can understand a moderator/admin regulating the place but regular posters, I mean come on, does it really bother you that much that a thread that you're not massively interested in has been created? If it's pointless, it will sink and disappear.

The point of this thread is that I wanted to know everyone's thoughts, and now I do. Cheers. :)

Off the top of my head, to be undefeated at home and not win the title we'd either have to only draw against Ipswich and then only get an average of one point or less from each of our remaining three away fixtures, or beat Ipswich and then lose to Plymouth, QPR and Reading (With West Brom winning every game)

Even if you'd prefer the unbeaten home record to a title, both scenarios where that's the only one of the two we end up with result in Newcastle having a fucking appaling end to the season, so I can't see why anyone would choose it.

I saw advertised the other day Piers Moragn interviewing Michael Winner. What the f***? Satan himself would struggle to devise such a f***ing pisspot of a show.

How about a Morgan + Winner tag team taking on Big Show and Randy Orton at the next Wrestlemania?

I would pay to see that

Speaking of bargaining, I was thinking this morning about Pompey. Say for example they win the FA Cup, would you take it to be in their position, knowing what we know now about the CCC?

No never, Pompy could still easily go out of existence and odd's on will lose all of their best players and will not be able to come back up, the only thing is that they will be going down in style.