Oliver Speaks

sempuki

Shamelessly taken from another site:

Snippets from The Clark / Oliver Talk-In from last night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Souness – Oliver said he was the man “who got him the sack” and that Souness refers to him as the “wanker form The Chronicle” – maybe we do have something in common with Souness after all! Oliver labelled Souness and his backroom staff as “fraudsters”.

Luque – He took a hammering off both Oliver and Clark, surprisingly. Oliver says that Roeder has been extremely patient with him and has given him chances to prove his worth. When pointed out that Luque scored the winner at Palermola and was then subsequently dropped, Oliver came back with the remark that he was the worst player on the pitch that night! Oliver was also adamant that we paid £12 million for him, rather than the reported £9.5 million (so where did the £2.5 million go?).

Bernard – Clark said he has been woeful for the reserves and on his form is nowhere near good enough for the 1st team squad.

Terry Mac – According to Oliver, Terry Mac would be the 1st to admit that he is not a coach (Jesus!) and is there to simply "gee up the troops". He apparently proved his worth at Watford when he wound up Boothroyd on the touchline (Oliver then had a few stupid digs at Boothroyd's coaching ability).

New signings – Oliver says we have deals virtually done for a left back and a 6 foot 4 Centre Half who currently plays in The Premiership – both will go through in Janaury. Clark blamed Chelsea for our failure to sign Bridge in August, stating that Kenyon called us at 11.10pm on Deadline Day to say the Cole deal had gone through and we could have Bridge. We had apparently agreed personal terms but could net get him up here in time for the medical (great planning as ever!).

Nobby – Oliver reckons that he refused to travel to Boro when Roeder told him he was a Sub.

Clarky – He is Officially reserve team manager but sometimes allowed to work with 1st team players due to having such a small squad. He said that Liverpool agreed a fee with us in 1997 but he was never told about and then went to the mackems. He also reckons that we agreed a fee of £3.5 million to bring him back in 2000 but Sir Bobby changed his mind and instead opted for Bassedas. Clark also had a dig at the young’uns coming through, saying most lacked hunger due to the money they earned.

Not forgetting Oliver's quote of the night - "You don't want foreigners in charge of our club man", in response to me telling him that my managerial preference in the summer was Hitzfeld.

New signings – Oliver says we have deals virtually done for a left back and a 6 foot 4 Centre Half who currently plays in The Premiership – both will go through in Janaury.

Don't know who that is but it isn't Distin - He's only 6'3 bluebiggrin.gif

Not forgetting Oliver's quote of the night - "You don't want foreigners in charge of our club man", in response to me telling him that my managerial preference in the summer was Hitzfeld.

Sums up him and also the direction of the club at the moment - what a th*ck, short sighted w*nker!!!!

At a talk-in in Hebburn last night.

oh right thanks.

there are some unprofessional remarks there considering lee clark is so high in the club

he shouldnt admit openly as to how bad olivier bernard is should he?

good to know that we are being linked with the right players though wayne bridge is a world better than babayaro!

Oliver of course once hit the heady heights of playing in the Wearside League.

It's a shame that someone as intellectually limited as Lee Clark is given a role in a club as big as Newcastle. And as for Terry MacDermott..??

Could you really see any serious club employing them ?

Oliver of course once hit the heady heights of playing in the Wearside League.

It's a shame that someone as intellectually limited as Lee Clark is given a role in a club as big as Newcastle. And as for Terry MacDermott..??

Could you really see any serious club employing them ?

yes it does seem our back room staff are quite woeful considering the profile of the club

and as for alan oliver, is there any newcastle fan that likes him? to be honest i cant stand him it makes me feel angry whenever i hear his name!

Guest shaun11177

The extra 2.5m for Luque must be the VAT and we never declare that do we.

The centre half is Knight without a doubt,wonder how much Fulham have conned out of us.

The centre half is Knight without a doubt,wonder how much Fulham have conned out of us.

i pray that it is not zat knight

what a waste of time that would be

titus bramble the second as far as im concerned!

Nope, it's not VAT.  We might conjecture in the absence of any evidence it's an *ahem * agent's fee

Dont worry lads, Zat is too big for us

Zatyiah "Zat" Knight (born May 2, 1980 in Solihull, West Midlands) is an English footballer currently playing for Fulham Football Club in London, England. He is a very imposing figure, standing at 6 ft 6 in and was signed from Rushall Olympic F.C. in exchange for a bag of tracksuits.

Nope, it's not VAT. We might conjecture in the absence of any evidence it's an *ahem * agent's fee

wouldnt be surprised to be honest i just want to understand why luque has turned from one of the most feared strikers in spain to being an absolute joke within the space of 18 months!

Guest elbee909

:roll: bluesigh.gif

Yeah, these 'non-foreigners' do so much better, don't they?  Wait, maybe that's not the defining characteristic of a quality manager, but just his own prejudice once more on display.

Cock.

:roll: bluesigh.gif

Yeah, these 'non-foreigners' do so much better, don't they? Wait, maybe that's not the defining characteristic of a quality manager, but just his own prejudice once more on display.

Cock.

obviously graeme souness and glenn roeder have done wonders for the club havent they