Not Enough Winners Medals

Skirge

Disgrace if they do this..

NUFC stars may not receive winners' medals Apr 15 2010

NEWCASTLE United’s promotion heroes will be handed just 16 winners’ medals from the Football League should they seal the Coca-Cola Championship title.Read

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/04/15/nufc-stars-may-not-receive-winners-medals-72703-26248635/

Guest toonlass

Disgrace if they do this..

NUFC stars may not receive winners' medals Apr 15 2010

NEWCASTLE United’s promotion heroes will be handed just 16 winners’ medals from the Football League should they seal the Coca-Cola Championship title.Read

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/04/15/nufc-stars-may-not-receive-winners-medals-72703-26248635/

Does Damien Duff really qualify for a medal?

Edit: no he wouldn't, he played one game, Van Aarnholt wouldn't either, not enough games played.

I am having a glum momnet:"16 winners’ medals" "There are 22 players who have made at least a dozen league starts" so why does he write "with 50% of them at risk of not receiving medals."

Because he's thick :lol: but still bad shit though, they all deserve a medal.

Didn't know there was a quota, even then 16 is stupidly low. Thought it was just based on the number of appearances (10) no matter how many players. That's the way it should be anyway.

Guest toonlass

Having checked, they name Damien Duff, Van Aarnholt, Geremi and Khiznishvilli in that article but none of them have played enough games to qualify for a medal! Fitz Hall hasn't either.

United can win the title on Saturday night if West Brom fail to beat Middlesbrough, and although it is understood that the Football League had no qualms about transporting the trophy to Home Park for Monday’s fixture with the Plymouth Argyle, Toon players have insisted they would wish to receive it at home to Ipswich on April 17.

And the presentation will take place in front of a full house against Roy Keane’s side.

Good news if true

I heard they're going to give all 16 to Kevin Nolan.

I've heard that they've already informed Nolan that there won't be any chocolate inside of the gold shiney medal.

Won't stop him trying to eat them though.

I've heard that they've already informed Nolan that there won't be any chocolate inside of the gold shiney medal.

Best inform him there's no chocolate inside pronto.

Huh? ??? But...

:lol:

Deary me ...

United can win the title on Saturday night if West Brom fail to beat Middlesbrough, and although it is understood that the Football League had no qualms about transporting the trophy to Home Park for Monday’s fixture with the Plymouth Argyle, Toon players have insisted they would wish to receive it at home to Ipswich on April 17.

And the presentation will take place in front of a full house against Roy Keane’s side.

Good news if true

Are they aware that the match actually isn't until 7 days later?

(sub)

Harper 43

Coloccini 35

Enrique 31 (1)

Simpson 36

Williamson 13

S Taylor 20

Nolan 42

Gutierrez 33  (3)

Guthrie 33 (2)

Smith 29  (1)

Butt 10  (6)

R Taylor 18 (12)

Routledge 12 (2)

Lovenkrands 18 (9)

Carroll 31 (5)

Ameobi 10  (5)

Ranger 4 (21)

Pancrate 5 (11)

Best 5  (6)

Hall 6

Kadar 6 (6)

Barton 6 (6)

LuaLua (1)

Krul (2)

Tozer (1)

Vuckic (1)

Donaldson (2)

Rule out 5 of the 27 as they were just subs makes the 22, Duff Kishi and Pat Van will not get a medal.

Is another 6 medals to much to ask for?, oh and surely there is the staff how many for them ?