TOP HEADLINE IN THE KIDDERMINSTER SHUTTLE (SPORTS SECTION)

Thespence

I know you lads have your own bit but when yous are back page of The Shuttle others should know about it.

Goode things from Dave sinks Toon

A HAT-TRICK from Dave Goode ensured the KHIST fans team got the better of Newcastle United fans 5-3.

Chris Lacey and Mark Young also grabbed a goal each in an victory for the touring squad.

Most of the 13 man squad met in the North East on Friday afternoon but were soon accompanied by Adam Matthews, Mike Peplow, Luke Mansell, Morgan Nock, Andy Lander and Simon Jarasinski, who had all travelled from Cumbria after Harriers’ defeat to Barrow.

The game itself was a fantastic display of fans team football etiquette played in an incredibly friendly manner.

Harriers went 2-0 up within 10 minutes as Goode scored one and set up Young for the second.

However, the visitors took their foot off the gas and let the home side pull two goals back to go in at the break on level terms.

An early second half goal saw Harriers trailing but Lacey pounced on an error to equalise.

Under heat of the hottest day of the year so far it was the visitors who finished the game stronger and two more goals from the stand-out Dave Goode meant that the Harriers came out of the game as the victors.

Http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/sport/

Guest Heneage

Fucks sake, our 2nd goal was a work of brilliance from debutant Dan Heneage (My brother) and they skipped over it again. They make Nazi Propaganda look subjective!

Guest Heneage

Come on then Kezzy use reporting skills & give us a report on each of our goals.

From what I can remember our first was a blast inside the box from Heza09 after good build up play down the right and a dinked cross from Burnip, who recently rejoined the side from a stint in the MLS.

The second was a long ball from a freekick roughly 10 minutes before half time. In sneaked the 17 year old who forced it past the keeper who tipped it onto the bar and over the line from the tightest of angles.

Mind you they are the biggest one man team I've yet to play.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

3rd came from some nice build up play on the right wing between me and little Dan. I then put in a cheeky little lob cross that wasn't cleared fully, and someone scored from it!

3rd came from some nice build up play on the right wing between me and little Dan. I then put in a cheeky little lob cross that wasn't cleared fully, and someone scored from it!

NSG

FROM THE FANS TO THE FIRST TEAM

Darren Ferguson has confirmed that PNE's 17-year-old Australian centre-half Bailey Wright will be involved in the first team squad this weekend.

The Preston North End boss confirmed the news at his pre-match press briefing, explaining that with Elliott Ward ineligable and Youl Mawene away on compassionate leave the Club have a shortage of centre-backs.

Bailey will be travelling to Coventry with experienced centre-half duo Sean St. Ledger and Liam Chilvers.

Australian defender Wright joined North End in July and is another one of the North End youngsters to have already gained international experience after representing the Australia Under 17 Joeys in the World Cup qualifiers.

Bailey has put in a number of impressive performances for the North End U18s and reserve side.

Wright was born in Melbourne and has captained his state side Victoria, guiding them all the way to the National Championship Finals.

A young Aussie lad who played for us at the start of the season is included in Preston North End 1st team squad for tomorrows coke cola Championship fixture at Coventry City. Thats the headlines and the local Radio station have picked up on the story. So i was off to the training ground this morning to meet up with the lad and have a few pics with him. I think its a good strory for us guys in the fans league and a pretty amazing story for the lad himself. He could well be marking the likes of Clintom Morrison and Freddie Eastwood come 3 o clock tomorrow afternoon. Hes the second lad to play for PNE after playing for the fans team. James Walker our young midfiled player played against Burnley res last season.

As a team its a real buzz for us and i think its a real plus for our league. The media round here are loving the fact that he played for a PNE supporters team at the start of the season and as now been elavated right up to the championship levell. good luck to the lad and i hope he dosen't forget the lads that first gave him his chance n English football and he still owes us his 3 quid subs lol

Guest Heneage

It's funny Preston did have a big lad at the back who was quite composed, I doubt it's the same one but still

It's funny Preston did have a big lad at the back who was quite composed, I doubt it's the same one but still

A black Australian? Come on Kezman, you're better than that :facepalm:

The term is 'aboriginal'

Guest Heneage

A black Australian? Come on Kezman, you're better than that :facepalm:

The term is 'aboriginal'

:dowie:

Good luck to the lad from PNE. He's not the first I don't think. I mentioned before that a guy playing for QPR supporters has played in the SPL for Hearts (although that's the backwards way around). Also a couple of young lads playing for Hampton supporters have gone on to play in the reserves at H&RBFC. A world away from Championship level football I know but they had never even played sunday league football before and have now played in a reserve team at semi-pro level, which is a reasonable standard when compared to supporters football.