Anyone else stranded?

OzzieMandias

Feel sorry for those stranded out in nice destinations but who were on a budget (which I assume would be the majority of people). An unexpected extra week in a tourist destination could really hit the wallet hard.

Wonder what happens regarding travel insurance too. Don't you get £50 per day or something that each flight is delayed? Because of the scale, I can imagine they're all going to try to weasel out of honoring their insurance policies.

Feel sorry for those stranded out in nice destinations but who were on a budget (which I assume would be the majority of people). An unexpected extra week in a tourist destination could really hit the wallet hard.

Wonder what happens regarding travel insurance too. Don't you get £50 per day or something that each flight is delayed? Because of the scale, I can imagine they're all going to try to weasel out of honoring their insurance policies.

"Force majeure (French for "superior force"), also known as cas fortuit (French) or casus fortuitus (Latin)[1], is a common clause in contracts which essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term "act of God" (e.g., flooding, earthquake, volcanic eruption), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract."

Was meant to fly home from Berlin on Thursday gone but I'm still here. Getting a train tomorrow morning into Amsterdam, spending two nights there before getting on the first available ferry to North Shields. Hitting the wallet canny hard but just trying to treat it as an extension of the holiday as much as possible. Shit loads of other people from the UK still here having had their flights cancelled.

At least Barca v Inter should still go ahead.

Barca are travelling by coach now.

Just checked the google driving directions and supposedly only takes about 9 and a half hours to drive from Barcelona to Milan.

Money on Inter for that one i think.

I'm at la manga club in Spain. need to be out by Tuesday, so hope I can fly by then, otherwise, me and the mrs will be off to a benidorm hotel until we can fly. I wouldn't care, but it's rained all week and for the first time ever I'm ready for home. sods law.

My parents are stuck in Spain until at least Saturday. Fortunately it's their own apartment they're staying in so won't be costing them the earth. A mate from work is stuck in Prague too.

Shitting myself about my holiday being cancelled on Saturday - fortunately it looks like we could go to the same place three weeks later and not lose too much. Hope so or my missus will be absolutely crushed.

My sister had to cancel hers and go to somewhere in England :(

I am worried about mine and it's 9 weeks away, I do keep hearing the scenarios about "6 months" etc.. I want to hope it's the media doing what they always do but I really want/need this holiday.

I'm supposed to go to Iceland with the family to celebrate my mums 50th on Thursday. Really hope we can go, mum especially have been looking forward to this trip for ages.

Can you take a really big vacuum cleaner and try and get rid of some of that dust?

My sister had to cancel hers and go to somewhere in England :(

I am worried about mine and it's 9 weeks away, I do keep hearing the scenarios about "6 months" etc.. I want to hope it's the media doing what they always do but I really want/need this holiday.

From the sounds of it, the airlines are starting to think it may have been an overreaction. Couple of European airlines have reopened flights and say it's safe.

I hope so, I get the impression it's pretty unlikely but I just can't get excited about it now until it's definitely not going to be affected!

Hope you manage to get away on yours though mate :thup:

If this thing lasted for 6 weeks, there'd be no airlines left in business anyway.

The airlines need NATS to decide it's safe to fly as far as I know. It's not as simple as the airlines just deciding it's an overreaction. However I think BA and Air France were performing test flights to prove it is safe to fly.

I can't say I'd be volunteering to be flying at any point in the next few days even if they do decide it's worth the risk.

If this thing lasted for 6 weeks, there'd be no airlines left in business anyway.

The airlines need NATS to decide it's safe to fly as far as I know. It's not as simple as the airlines just deciding it's an overreaction. However I think BA and Air France were performing test flights to prove it is safe to fly.

I can't say I'd be volunteering to be flying at any point in the next few days even if they do decide it's worth the risk.

take a parachute if you do.

My sister and her husband are going to Florida in 2 weeks. She's absolutely bricking it that it won;t happen. They were supposed to go 18 months ago, but were flying with XL and we all know what happened to them. Would be gutting, but a little funny (in a cruel way), if it happened again.