Newcastle United Vs Ipswich Town Pre Match Thread - 24/04/10 - 3pm KO

Fenham Mag

Would have liked Krul to get some games but oh well, bring on the 104 points.

Will surely leave during the summer if he's not getting games at all. Hughton's team selection kinda conflicts with this so called "our new youth policy", right?

Would have liked Krul to get some games but oh well, bring on the 104 points.

Will surely leave during the summer if he's not getting games at all. Hughton's team selection kinda conflicts with this so called "our new youth policy", right?

Don't think so. Krul said he already has had talks with Hughton and those talks were promising for him. (If I remember correctly)

The youth policy was to do with transfers not team selection.

But Krul doesn't even play for the reserve team that much so how is he going to improve his game(not to mention his value) if he's not playing? Today's match would have been perfect for him

But Krul doesn't even play for the reserve team that much so how is he going to improve his game(not to mention his value) if he's not playing? Today's match would have been perfect for him

It's the same problem all clubs have with good youngsters and it's even worse with young keepers.

IMO the simple solution is to send him out on loan ala Forster in the summer and let Forster take the no2 spot. It's the least of our trouble TBF, we are blessed in this area.

If we got a really good offer for Krul, i'd be tempted to let him go, due to the progression of Forster.

It's the same problem all clubs have with good youngsters and it's even worse with young keepers.

IMO the simple solution is to send him out on loan ala Forster in the summer and let Forster take the no2 spot. It's the least of our trouble TBF, we are blessed in this area.

If we got a really good offer for Krul, i'd be tempted to let him go, due to the progression of Forster.

Don't think we should let Krul go. TBF I haven't seen much of Forster but what I have seen and heard about Krul makes me think he'll could end up as an absulute world class goalkeeper and the next Van der Sar.