NUFC ranked 20th in most valuable football club according to Forbes

LooneyToonArmy

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22042010/58/premier-league-united-named-world-most-valuable-club.html

Manchester United are the world's most valuable sports club, according to a report by Forbes.

The American wealth magazine put the Red Devils at the top of their latest list of the world's richest football clubs, with an estimated value of £1.2 billion.

And that leaves United flying high at the top of the sporting tree, ahead of the NFL's top team the Dallas Cowboys (£1.072 billion), and baseball's number one club the New York Yankees (£1.040 billion).

Spanish giants Real Madrid are second on the list of top football clubs at £859m, with Arsenal third on £767m.

European and Spanish champions Barcelona are fourth on £650m, but are the only debt-free side in a top six that is rounded out by Bayern Munich and Liverpool.

Chelsea have slipped behind Juventus to ninth on the list after posting losses of nearly £50 million - the worst financial performance of any club in the top 20 - while Newcastle cling on to their place in the top 20 despite their relegation at the end of last season.

Rank ---- Team ---- Country ---- Value

1 ---- Manchester United ---- England ---- £1,192m

2 ---- Real Madrid ---- Spain ---- £859m

3 ---- Arsenal ---- England ---- £767m

4 ---- Barcelona ---- Spain ---- £650m

5 ---- Bayern Munich ---- Germany ---- £643m

6 ---- Liverpool ---- England ---- £534m

7 ---- AC Milan ---- Italy ---- £520m

8 ---- Juventus ---- Italy ---- £426m

9 ---- Chelsea ---- England ---- £420m

10 ---- Internazionale ---- Italy ---- £268m

11 ---- Schalke ---- Germany ---- £249m

12 ---- Tottenham Hotspur ---- England ---- £242m

13 ---- Lyon ---- France ---- £216m

14 ---- Hamburg ---- Germany ---- £214m

15 ---- Roma ---- Italy ---- £200m

16 ---- Werder Bremen ---- Germany ---- £178m

17 ---- Marseille ---- France ---- £170m

18 ---- Borussia Dortmund ---- Germany ---- £170m

19 ---- Manchester City ---- England ---- £168m

20 ---- Newcastle United ---- England ---- £129m

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22042010/58/premier-league-united-named-world-most-valuable-club.html

Manchester United are the world's most valuable sports club, according to a report by Forbes.

The American wealth magazine put the Red Devils at the top of their latest list of the world's richest football clubs, with an estimated value of £1.2 billion.

And that leaves United flying high at the top of the sporting tree, ahead of the NFL's top team the Dallas Cowboys (£1.072 billion), and baseball's number one club the New York Yankees (£1.040 billion).

Spanish giants Real Madrid are second on the list of top football clubs at £859m, with Arsenal third on £767m.

European and Spanish champions Barcelona are fourth on £650m, but are the only debt-free side in a top six that is rounded out by Bayern Munich and Liverpool.

Chelsea have slipped behind Juventus to ninth on the list after posting losses of nearly £50 million - the worst financial performance of any club in the top 20 - while Newcastle cling on to their place in the top 20 despite their relegation at the end of last season.

Nice mixing of messages.

Guest Brummiemag

20th most valuable club in world football and yet some people will be satisfied with clinging to 17th place in the Premier League next season.

Ashley has done a great job in lowering expectations

Guest Roger Kint

20th most valuable club in world football and yet some people will be satisfied with clinging to 17th place in the Premier League next season.

Broken record :pow:

:fishing:

Guest Roger Kint

:fishing:

He posts that every time he logs on tbh ;D

I think relegation did that tbh. A gradual rise without repeating mistakes of the past will do me fine.

Guest WashyGeordie

I think relegation did that tbh. A gradual rise without repeating mistakes of the past will do me fine.

Yep. Plus we/he needed to cut the wage bill one way or another.

I still despise Ashley/Llambias though.

:icon_scratch:

i was wondering that VI, i'm sure you debt is something like 400M or something?

Guess the Eurosport hack just dropped a bollock when writing the article. Maybe it's because we had no bank debt at the beginning of last season and the guy mistook it for overall debt? (we have taken loans since then to cover a few non-football things).

Guest neesy111

Guess the Eurosport hack just dropped a bollock when writing the article. Maybe it's because we had no bank debt at the beginning of last season and the guy mistook it for overall debt? (we have taken loans since then to cover a few non-football things).

i seem to remember a number of spanish clubs had trouble paying their taxes a few year back, is this still the case?

Yep. Plus we/he needed to cut the wage bill one way or another.

I still despise Ashley/Llambias though.

I could only like them if we won the F.A cup or summit in the foreseeable future

i seem to remember a number of spanish clubs had trouble paying their taxes a few year back, is this still the case?

Oh yes. Overall tax debt of Spain's professional football is €600m.

We are current as of this year, after paying €60m that our 1990s board tried to evade  :facepalm: