2010 FIFA World Cup

ElDiablo

Who's getting this then? Just had a couple of games on the demo and I'll be definitely getting it. Much more fluid and fun than FIFA10, and will be nice to be able to use some more obscure international teams as the selection on 10 is poor.

Can't find it now, but I saw a presentation of the game by some yank guy from EA and he made it sound fucking awful, said something like (and I'm paraphrasing

"What we've tried to do is have all the best things about soccer happen in every game - so in every game you're gonna have goals from overhead kicks, goal-line clearsnces, last minute winners, goals from 20 yards away, sendings off, all the excitement of soccer in every game you play on FIFA World Cup 2010."

Surely they're not really gonna make it like that, are they?  Presuming he was just trying to make the game sound really exciting and was exaggerating, not realising he was actually making it sound shit.

I won't be buying it. It's basically 'Fifa 10' with the World Cup teams and a few tiny improvements. It's got a damn short shelf life for a £30+ game. As soon as 'Fifa 11' comes out in October no one will be playing '2010 FIFA World Cup' on-line. If it had been at an RRP of £18 I'd have considered it.

Hell goddamn no.

Why not? You can actually beat England with the US on a game! Bit of an escape from reality never hurt anyone.

:lol: This is some shit talking here.

Seriously though, full price for a three month game is madness.

Can you not skip all the pre-match bollocks?

Also, it crashed after 2 minutes of the match, weak.

First time you have to watch all the pre match shit for some reason, I played another game and you could skip straight through.

Hell goddamn no.

Why not? You can actually beat England with the US on a game! Bit of an escape from reality never hurt anyone.

:lol: This is some shit talking here.

SURELY this is a prime candidate for r***al

You know, I honestly didn't even like Fifa 10. Didn't seem to be any changes to the BaP mode, which was really the only thing I was playing.

Waiting on the previews for FIFA 11 for now. Still playing NHL if I need a sports fix.

Hell goddamn no.

:lol: This is some s*** talking here.

:lol: I do actually agree though. I'll probably just rent it.

The opportunity to take Monserrat or the Cape Verde Islands to World Cup glory is one that's just impossible to miss out on. Definitely getting it. Played really nicely, too.

I'm looking forward to being Serbia on it. They are massive! (and have some good players to boot).

Well I've just signed up for a 2 month free trial with Lovefilm and added the game to my list. It says 'Long Wait' though.

It's the only game on my list, so now it's time to play the waiting game.

FIFA 10 is pretty poor offline too. Manager Mode sucks balls, and the competitions are pretty bland. Really looking forward to the scenarios in the 2010 WC game, if they have good ones from the previous WC then all the better. Shame they aren't including more classic World Cup games, would be good to replay scenarios from e.g. the 86 England vs Argentina match, '98 England vs Argentina, Italy vs Brazil '70.

It should be a £20 game though, similar to Super Street Fighter IV.