Any Guitar Buffs?

Espio

I've just acquired a 1959 Hofner Congress guitar from my mam, it's been sitting in the attic for years.

Now I don't want to sell it just yet, but does anyone have any idea as to how much they're worth? I don't play guitar myself, but I'm going to start getting lessons if I can find a decent price, so would this be alright as a starter guitar?

Guest Haris Vuckic

It will probably fetch £100-150 depending on condition but I wouldn't learn on it.

Chances are it hasn't been maintained very well and will be frustrating to play for even the achieved player!

I've just acquired a 1959 Hofner Congress guitar from my mam, it's been sitting in the attic for years.

Now I don't want to sell it just yet, but does anyone have any idea as to how much they're worth? I don't play guitar myself, but I'm going to start getting lessons if I can find a decent price, so would this be alright as a starter guitar?

If you can play it and you like the sound then its perfect.

As for getting lessons, you can d a lot for free by just teaching yourself online. Theres plenty out there to get you going.

It will probably fetch £100-150 depending on condition but I wouldn't learn on it.

Chances are it hasn't been maintained very well and will be frustrating to play for even the achieved player!

If it is hard to play and maintain like Ive been reading and you can get £100-150 for it then that sounds like a better option, then buy something like a Yamaha FG or equivalent.