Ebay

Clay

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of selling something on Ebay... I'm thinking about going and selling a guitar and amp, but i'm a little bit nervous about doing so on Ebay.. Has anyone had any bad experiences selling on there?  And if someone puts a bib in, and buys what you're selling, do you receive the money before you send anything to them? Or do they send the money once they have the item?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of selling something on Ebay... I'm thinking about going and selling a guitar and amp, but i'm a little bit nervous about doing so on Ebay.. Has anyone had any bad experiences selling on there?  And if someone puts a bib in, and buys what you're selling, do you receive the money before you send anything to them? Or do they send the money once they have the item?

Haven't sold myself.  I understand from someone who has you get the money first via PayPal an on-line payment system.  You then have to ship or arrange collection of your goods.  She said always ship unless the items to big to post so you don't need to meet the punter and charge them for the postage upfront.

Make sure they pay you before shipping. Paypal is the easiest way as you get the money immediately.

Have you bought/sold on EBay before? Because it's based on feedback and generally the better feedback you have the more likely someone is to bid on your item as it makes you out as reliable.

It's easy to get your feedback up, just buy say 5 things for a quid each and then bang, you've got 100% feedback and look much more appealing a s a seller.

Comprende?  :winking:

Make sure they pay you before shipping. Paypal is the easiest way as you get the money immediately.

Have you bought/sold on EBay before? Because it's based on feedback and generally the better feedback you have the more likely someone is to bid on your item as it makes you out as reliable.

It's easy to get your feedback up, just but say 5 things for a quid each and then bang, you've got 100% feedback and look much more appealing a s a seller.

Comprende?  :winking:

Hmmm.. Sounds a bit complicated to me.. :lol: How do i transfer my PayPal money to my bank account? And i don't really have anything to sell to get my 100% feedback..

Another thing, I think the thing that i am selling would be far to big to post.. Unless there is a delivery service that i can find..

Thing is i really need to hurry up and sell, Ebay just seems too much hassle..

Hmmm.. Sounds a bit complicated to me..  How do i transfer my PayPal money to my bank account? And i don't really have anything to sell to get my 100% feedback..

Another thing, I think the thing that i am selling would be far to big to post.. Unless there is a delivery service that i can find..

Thing is i really need to hurry up and sell, Ebay just seems too much hassle..

When you set up your Paypal account you get to enter your account details and then after a few days of processing you can transfer/withdraw money back and forth.

The feedback isn't a necessity, but having it will make you seem more trusted, so more people will be persuaded to bid, making the sale amount bigger. If you look under the informational product category there are loads of decent things in there for a quid. Like i just got guide on how to unlock phones, which i now use to charge mates £5 to use  :cool:

Not sure about the post thing, might be worth having a look on ebay itself, try help at the top. I usually find anything i need in there.  :thup:

I'm selling shit now (sold shit previously) and is all good. For some reason i can't get paypal but if u do it thru cheque u recieve & can bank, to ensure it clears, the cheque before posting your stuff. Feedback is better but i've found it hasnt made much difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone with an Ebay account do me a big favour please.. If you know what shill bidding is.. It's basically where you put a bid in for an item i'm selling to activate someone's highest bid. The items i'm selling are worth alot more than they are selling for so if someone could put a quick bid in for me, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Could someone with an Ebay account do me a big favour please.. If you know what shill bidding is.. It's basically where you put a bid in for an item i'm selling to activate someone's highest bid. The items i'm selling are worth alot more than they are selling for so if someone could put a quick bid in for me, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Can't stand it when people do that with auctions I'm looking at though :/

Granted, its an accepted fact that it happens.