clogged ear

Bellars

Go to see your Doctor and they will flush it out with a sryinge(sp)

:lol: I had that the other week, walked out and then proceeded to smash my head against the wall walking down the corridor, forgetting it fecks your balance up.  :roll:

:cool:

Anyone ever get one of these? Woke up this morning, can hardly hear anything out of my left ear. It's annoying the sh*t out of me.

Anyone know any solutions/remedies?

Thanks

I've had one before.  Feels like someone's put cotton wool over your ear;  you can hear yourself chewing & breathing better than you hear the outside world. Yuk!

In my case it was nothing to do with blockages in the outer ear.  It was a blocked eustachian tube (which links the inner ear with the soft palate to regulate inner ear pressure).  The blockage stops working the inner ear working properly.  The blockage was linked to an infection of the ear;  it cleared up after a couple of days on antibiotics.

I'd see a doctor if I were you.

anyone tried one of those candles which you lie on your side and put the candle on the side of your ear and it sucks the wax out as it burns...

sounds awesome to me, I fancy giving it a go.

You should.  And post a picture on the board afterwards.  I promise not to laugh.  :thup:

anyone tried one of those candles which you lie on your side and put the candle on the side of your ear and it sucks the wax out as it burns...

Doesn't work. It's nonsense.

source!?

source!?

You could just stick a wick in your earwax and light it, that'll have the same effect.  Or something.  blueuhoh.gif

Why Candling Can't Work

Since wax is sticky, the negative pressure needed to pull wax from the canal would have to be so powerful that it would rupture the eardrum in the process. However, candling produces no vacuum. Researchers who measured the pressure during candling of ear models found that no negative pressure was created. The same investigators candled eight ears and found that no ear wax was removed and candle wax was actually deposited in some of them! [3]

The notion that the ear canal is connected to structures beyond the eardrum is false. A review of a good anatomy book should dispel this notion. The external ear canal, with an intact eardrum, is not connected to the brain, the sinuses targeted by the procedure (those above your eyes), or the Eustacean tubes (the passageways between the internal ear and the back of the throat). While some claim that the eardrum is porous and quickly allows impurities to pass through, this is untrue. The "impurities" that appear in the collected wax (usually on a paper plate or other collecting device) are nothing more than the ashes from the burnt wick and wax of the cone itself.

Why Candling Can't Work

Since wax is sticky, the negative pressure needed to pull wax from the canal would have to be so powerful that it would rupture the eardrum in the process. However, candling produces no vacuum. Researchers who measured the pressure during candling of ear models found that no negative pressure was created. The same investigators candled eight ears and found that no ear wax was removed and candle wax was actually deposited in some of them! [3]

The notion that the ear canal is connected to structures beyond the eardrum is false. A review of a good anatomy book should dispel this notion. The external ear canal, with an intact eardrum, is not connected to the brain, the sinuses targeted by the procedure (those above your eyes), or the Eustacean tubes (the passageways between the internal ear and the back of the throat). While some claim that the eardrum is porous and quickly allows impurities to pass through, this is untrue. The "impurities" that appear in the collected wax (usually on a paper plate or other collecting device) are nothing more than the ashes from the burnt wick and wax of the cone itself.

That can't be true  blueupset.gif

* removes candle from each ear *

Anyone ever get one of these? Woke up this morning, can hardly hear anything out of my left ear. It's annoying the sh*t out of me.

Anyone know any solutions/remedies?

Thanks

Take your finger out.

No, you pretend your listening and cause you can't hear them you don't worry about what they're saying. :)

To preserve the illusion of listening it's vital that the eyes don't glaze over....and remember to nod from time to time bluebiggrin.gif