Help me identify this player, please!

Guest Ebolarama

It IS David Craig and the Man C player is Joe Royle.

The stand behind them is the East Stand and it IS the Gallowgate goal that Craig is defending.

Craig was RB in the side that won the FA Youth Cup in 1962, promotion in 65 and the Fairs Cup in 69.

He was an Ulsterman and his illustrious colleague, George Best, thought he was one of his toughest opponents.

A fine player who scored our equalizer in the first FA Cup game with Forest in 1974(the pitch invasion one).

We were lucky, we had Irving Nattrass coming through to replace him and Alan Kennedy replaced Frank Clark - it was CD that was our weakness after Bobby Moncur past his best in 74 and we never successfully replaced him and Ollie Burton, the mainstays of the Fairs Cup side(with John McNamee).

I know its theEast stand, because it stands there on the east, where the east stand is , opposite the west stand paddocks, the view i used to get from the paddock facing the east stand which that is. :smug:

and all the other reasons above.

i had that bukta kit as a handmedown when i was a kid, probably around 88-90ish i think.

wish i'd kept the thing cos i'd make a fucking killing on ebay now, well i'd have hoped to but nee bugger bid on the yellow 90-93 away shirt w/out sponsor that i tried to sell the other week

Guest Ebolarama

Yup, thanks for all your help guys, mystery solved  O0

Now, let's get back to the shirt design speculation and the missing 300.

i had that bukta kit as a handmedown when i was a kid, probably around 88-90ish i think.

wish i'd kept the thing cos i'd make a f***ing killing on ebay now, well i'd have hoped to but nee bugger bid on the yellow 90-93 away shirt w/out sponsor that i tried to sell the other week

The kit Craig is wearing was the one used from around 1975-78. It was the strip the side wore during Gordon Lee's time as manager.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://cdn.epltalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/manchester-city-1976-home-shirt.jpg

1976 city kit.

wish i'd kept the thing cos i'd make a fucking killing on ebay now, well i'd have hoped to but nee bugger bid on the yellow 90-93 away shirt w/out sponsor that i tried to sell the other week

If it was in my size I would have bid on it. I have a bit of a thing for footy shirts on ebay, particularly old newcastle ones. Finally got the Grandad collar mid 90's home shirt after being outbid on them for the last few months. Now I want the marron and blue hoops away shirt and that old yellow away with the green flashes. I had them all as a kid but obviously they are long since lost and would be a bit snug these days even if I had them.