UFC Undisputed 2010 (Xbox 360, PS3, PSP)

SEMTEX

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/UFC_Undisputed_2010_cover.jpg/240px-UFC_Undisputed_2010_cover.jpg

Release Date: May 28, 2010

Demo

If you sign up for the UFC Undisputed community, you can get a code to redeem for a demo of the new game. The demo for the game will feature four light heavyweight fighters (Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson). The demo will allow players to compete in standard exhibition bouts or an offline tournament mode.

New Features

UFC Undisputed 2010 will also include multiple changes from the previous version, including:

• Improved controls, including a redesign of clinch and ground grappling, as well as an improved career mode, starting in the World Fighting Alliance.
  • Changes to gameplay including usage of cage walls, TKO (cut and injury) finishes and the introduction of Karate, Greco-Roman wrestling and Sambo fighting styles.
  • Added MMA brands for clothing as well as the introduction of post-fight attire.
  • New arenas including GM Place, Centre Bell and The O2

Roster

Heavyweights

Andrei Arlovski

Antoni Hardonk

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Brendan Schaub DLC

Brock Lesnar

Cain Velasquez

Cheick Kongo

Dan Severn

Eddie Sanchez

Fabricio Werdum

Frank Mir

Gabriel Gonzaga

Heath Herring

James McSweeney DLC

Junior dos Santos

Justin McCully

Kimbo Slice

Marcus Jones

Mirko Cro Cop

Mostapha Al Turk

Pat Barry

Roy Nelson DLC

Shane Carwin

Stefan Struve

Todd Duffee

LH

Brandon Vera[HW]

Chuck Liddell

Forrest Griffin

Jason Brilz

Jon Jones

Keith Jardine

Krzysztof Soszynski

Luiz Cane

Lyoto Machida

Mark Coleman[HW]

Matt Hamill

Mauricio Rua

Quinton Jackson

Rashad Evans

Rich Franklin[MW]

Ryan Bader

Stephan Bonnar

Steve Cantwell

Thiago Silva

Tito Ortiz

Middleweights

Alan Belcher 

Anderson Silva[LH] 

Chael Sonnen 

Chris Leben 

Dan Henderson[LH] 

Dan Miller 

Demian Maia 

Denis Kang 

Drew McFedries 

Kendall Grove 

Michael Bisping[LH] 

Nate Marquardt 

Nate Quarry 

Patrick Côté 

Ricardo Almeida[WW] 

Vitor Belfort[LH] 

Wanderlei Silva[LH] 

Wilson Gouveia[LH] 

Yoshihiro Akiyama 

Yushin Okami

Welterweights

Amir Sadollah 

Anthony Johnson 

Carlos Condit 

Chris Lytle 

Dan Hardy 

Dong Hyun Kim 

Dustin Hazelett 

Frank Trigg 

Georges St-Pierre 

James Wilks 

Jon Fitch 

Josh Koscheck 

Karo Parisyan 

Marcus Davis 

Martin Kampmann[MW] 

Matt Hughes 

Matt Serra[LW] 

Mike Swick[MW] 

Paulo Thiago 

Royce Gracie PS3 only 

Thiago Alves

Lightweights

BJ Penn[WW] 

Caol Uno 

Clay Guida 

Cole Miller 

Dennis Siver 

Diego Sanchez[WW] 

Efrain Escudero 

Frankie Edgar 

Gray Maynard 

Hermes Franca 

Jens Pulver[PS] 

Joe Lauzon 

Joe Stevenson 

Kenny Florian 

Kurt Pellegrino 

Nate Diaz 

Ross Pearson 

Sean Sherk[WW] 

Spencer Fisher 

Terry Etim 

Tyson Griffin

No Semtex, despite the impending Koscheck fight. :(

Otherwise, am really looking forward to this. UFC 2009 was good, but lacked polish and had some annoyances/shortfalls. Hopefully this one can satisfy my needs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No Semtex, despite the impending Koscheck fight. :(

Otherwise, am really looking forward to this. UFC 2009 was good, but lacked polish and had some annoyances/shortfalls. Hopefully this one can satisfy my needs.

Standing game was broken.

Ground game was broken.

Submissions were awful.

Variation between fighters was lackluster.

Was good for two weeks before the novelty wore off and the online community learned how to cheat. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer.

This game held my attention for a long time last year. If they can sort out the annoying career mode with all the shit training and such then It should be good again.

Will be my second purchase when I get a new 360.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Oh god and those fucking menus, menus with menus. All of which took about 4 mins to process before it moved onto the next one which would ask you confirm if you wished to continue!

Oh god and those fucking menus, menus with menus. All of which took about 4 mins to process before it moved onto the next one which would ask you confirm if you wished to continue!

Yep hated those.

Overall I loved the game though. I would get really pumped standing there opposite GSP fighting for the title with Bruce Buffer giving it the big one!

class!  :thup:

The 4 TUF semi-finalists are available free when you pre-order the game from Gamestop in the US.

I wonder if we'll get a similar deal, or will have to pay?

I really wanna sit on someones face with BIG COUNTRY.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We got them free with new purchase of the game here in the UK last year, was a DLC code in the box.

• 2 weeks later...

...is it actually worse than it was last year? Feels like absolute shit.

It's really good when you get into it. the bobbing & swaying is hard to pull off though!

Can you make a southpaw fighter this year? How is the career mode?

I've only got the demo mate, But you can defo fight southpaw ( I was fighting Evans last night & he switched to southpaw during the fight)

I'll have to get used to it, I'll inevitably get it, at least as a rental. But the demo wasn't too impressive. It was ok but I really couldn't see huge differences between this and the previous incarnation.

I'll have to get used to it, I'll inevitably get it, at least as a rental. But the demo wasn't too impressive. It was ok but I really couldn't see huge differences between this and the previous incarnation.

This is where I am as well. Didn't seem like it was worth the risk of a rental.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This is where I am as well. Didn't seem like it was worth the risk of a rental.

Its THQ, who have made a living out of releasing the same game for a decade with the SDvRaw franchise. So don't be surprised if its the same again with UFC.

Aye well thats exactly what I thought tbh, they've basically recreated the same game, but with awful back stage cut scenes. This is what they've done with the WWE games for years.

Still, will give it a try and actually see if that's true or not, shan't be too judgemental. yet.

After getting into the UFC, I really fancy getting this like, the demo felt canny shallow but I'm sure it'll be much better when you learn it all.

What's the roster like in 09? Might just pick that up on the cheap if it's not much different from this one.