Qatar's 2022 World Cup stadiums

Karjala

Give them it!

I heard they were gonna have like mental cooling systems so it wasn't even hot for the players. They need to sort out their national team first though, instead of just paying Brazilians to play for them.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The Ikea Flatpack (Including cheap buffet and 8 pack of Lynx lager)

http://www.soccer-predictor.co.uk/prem_07/images/STADIUM_OF_LIGHT.jpg

Too hot for the WC, will never happen.

They've come a long way from being the worst team on Striker on the Amiga though.

Haha I was thinking the same thing about FIFA 94. I thought they were a made up country.

Absolutely mental stuff, not sure if I like it or I'm disgusted with the artificiality of it. I mean, Qatar has half the population of Barcelona, no fucking way those stadiums can be sustained by the local league, they'll just become pretty empty shells after the show is over and the sheiks have had their fun.

Expecting Blatter to sell out, though.

But the stadiums do look cool.

Absolutely mental stuff, not sure if I like it or I'm disgusted with the artificiality of it. I mean, Qatar has half the population of Barcelona, no f***ing way those stadiums can be sustained by the local league, they'll just become pretty empty shells after the show is over and the sheiks have had their fun.

They're flat pack stadiums apparently. They'll be able to be taken down piece by piece afterwards and moved to other countries where they can be used more regularly. I read they're only planning on keeping one stadium for the national team after it's finished.

Absolutely mental stuff, not sure if I like it or I'm disgusted with the artificiality of it. I mean, Qatar has half the population of Barcelona, no f***ing way those stadiums can be sustained by the local league, they'll just become pretty empty shells after the show is over and the sheiks have had their fun.

They're flat pack stadiums apparently. They'll be able to be taken down piece by piece afterwards and moved to other countries where they can be used more regularly. I read they're only planning on keeping one stadium for the national team after it's finished.

I see, you're right.

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/04/qatar-boosts-fifa-world-cup-bid-with-plans-for-three-futuristic-stadiums/

I guess they have a chance, they'll get a rich western nation for 2018 after South Africa and Brazil, and go exotic again in 2022. South Korea and Japan are "too soon", probably, so Qatar has a decent chance with Blatter in there. Australia too.

Haven't seen much noise from the Spanish bid, would love us to get it but doesn't seem likely. Still not sure what to think about the proposed Camp Nou renovation:

http://phobos.xtec.cat/mvila257/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/camp-nou1.jpg

It's 45+ degrees in July, death for posession of marijuana, prison for pre-marital sex, its illegal to be pissed, alcohol is hard to come by and slave labour will be use to produce those stadia.

No thanks.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's 45+ degrees in July, death for posession of marijuana, prison for pre-marital sex, its illegal to be pissed, alcohol is hard to come by and slave labour will be use to produce those stadia.

No thanks.

I'll watch it at home with some cans or in the pub  :thup:

Isn't it Europes turn in 2018? Then Asia in 2022?

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said "rich western nation" for 2018. There doesn't seem to be much competition for the 2022 spot. Korea and Japan are too close to 2022, Mexico withdrew, USA lacks adequate venues so Australia/Qatar have their chance imho.

Guarenteed Australia IMO.

I'll be gutted if England doesn't get 2018 tbh even though I'm fairly certain we won't.

FWIW, 2014 in Brasil should be interesting. Public transport in Brasil and especially Rio is laughable.

Guarenteed Australia IMO.

I'll be gutted if England doesn't get 2018 tbh even though I'm fairly certain we won't.

FWIW, 2014 in Brasil should be interesting. Public transport in Brasil and especially Rio is laughable.

if china wants it, china will get it.

If you don't shoot yourselves in the foot (which you may do), I think you're favorites for 2018. There's this feeling you're due one after 1966 and losing the 2006 one. Several other big footballing nations have already had two world cups: Italy, Brazil, Germany, France...

Of course if you push this "you owe us one" angle you'll lose, but that's my feeling.