Have we made friends or enemies?

James

Well the season is over, we've won the league, but what will the lasting impression be amongst our rival fans of Newcastle United Football Club?

Will we get more sympathy from the fans of these clubs when the next negative press story inevitably comes out?

On one hand, we've played well, had good fan turnouts, but on the other hand we've beaten teams and benefitted from the parachute payments.

Chris Hughton has done the image of the club a lot of good - modest, calm, professional.

The 40K+ crowds for Championship games has also put to bed the idea that the fans are just glory seekers. I don't think anyone was expecting that level of support, particularly with the turmoil behind the scenes.

So yes, I think the club's standing with other supporters has been enhanced by this season.

Guest guinness_fiend

The gutter press will be waiting to stick the knife in.

Like with any British team/sportsperson that does well and then stumbles.

We build 'em up to knock 'em down.

we've made a lot of friends with the only people i'd be bothered about.......other fans. speaking to quite a few this season, they had fallen for the media line unrealistic expectations etc but now know different.

Other clubs have loved seeing us -

firstly we're a BIG NAME and they don't see many of them ,

secondly we've looked like Champs from the off - nowt like style for impressing the lesser breeds -

thirdly our supporters are as legendary as they've heard - thousands of us - and we don't eat babies either

fourthly SJP - it just stuns first time visitors

The only whining I've heard from our fellow strugglers comes from that God forsaken dump that was used to film "Blade Runner"

Newcastle United don't have friends. We never have, we never will. That's what makes us the club we are.  :snod:

We used to be "eveyones second team" once upon a time.

You make us sound like Millwall :lol:

The club has won respect from other CCC clubs - most comment I have seen on independent sites has been congratulatory and acknowledging that NUFC were worthy winners of the league.

Those from PL clubs who bothered were generally pleased we were back in the Prem, but the general view among PL fans next season will be to treat us as cannon-fodder. There will be few accusations of 'delusion' against our fans for the simple reason that big signings are unlikely, so we will not be viewed as a threat.

The only fans bothered about us will be the Mackems(inevitably)and clubs like Brum, Wigan and the Hammers with whom we will be competing to stay up.

It will take dramatic events on the field(in the best way)before PL clubs' fans start taking NUFC seriously.

secondly we've looked like Champs from the off - nowt like style for impressing the lesser breeds -

thirdly our supporters are as legendary as they've heard - thousands of us - and we don't eat babies either

The only whining I've heard from our fellow strugglers comes from that God forsaken dump that was used to film "Blade Runner"

wasn't that filmed in LA?  have i been whooshed?  :undecided:

.....director Ridley Scott spent a large chunk of his younger years living on Teesside......Ridley Scott has talked openly about how be based the look on the old ICI works.

This is probably one of the first claims to fame people hear about Teesside. The dramatic opening shot of the sci-fi classic Blade Runner was based on Teesside's Wilton Chemical Plant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tees/content/articles/2009/03/30/tees_tf_blade_runner_feature.shtml

http://republic-of-teesside.blogspot.com/2007/12/ridley-scotts-blade-runner-and-teesside.html

As South Shields-born director Ridley Scott went on to explain:

There's a walk from Redcar into Hartlepool ... I'd cross a bridge at night, and walk above the steel works. So that's probably where the opening of Blade Runner comes from. It always seemed to be rather gloomy and raining, and I'd just think "God, this is beautiful." You can find beauty in everything, and so I think I found the beauty in that darkness.

.....director Ridley Scott spent a large chunk of his younger years living on Teesside......Ridley Scott has talked openly about how be based the look on the old ICI works.

This is probably one of the first claims to fame people hear about Teesside. The dramatic opening shot of the sci-fi classic Blade Runner was based on Teesside's Wilton Chemical Plant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tees/content/articles/2009/03/30/tees_tf_blade_runner_feature.shtml

http://republic-of-teesside.blogspot.com/2007/12/ridley-scotts-blade-runner-and-teesside.html

As South Shields-born director Ridley Scott went on to explain:

There's a walk from Redcar into Hartlepool ... I'd cross a bridge at night, and walk above the steel works. So that's probably where the opening of Blade Runner comes from. It always seemed to be rather gloomy and raining, and I'd just think "God, this is beautiful." You can find beauty in everything, and so I think I found the beauty in that darkness.

very cool!  thanks!  i saw this: http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/b/bladerun.html

Don't know if it's been mentioned that the QPR fans clapped our players off the pitch yesterday.  Warnock also said in the programme notes that everyone in football will be glad we're back in the prem.  And my cockney taxi driver very passionately said the Prem needs fans like us back.

They love us man.