Late goals to blame for car crashes

LooneyToonArmy

anyone had this happen to them?

Late goals to blame for car crashes

Almost half a million car crashes are the result of drivers losing control after late goals, according to new research.

Insurance company More Than says research suggests football fans lose control at the wheel when they hear their team score, a problem termed Final Score Syndrome.

"With the Premier League coming to a thrilling conclusion a lot of fans will either be suffering joy or despair this weekend," said Pete Markey, from More Than.

"Sunday in particular could prove a peak day for Final Score Syndrome.

"We urge fans to keep calm, keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel and remember, there's always next season."

Chelsea fans are the worst sufferers of Final Score Syndrome, according to More Than.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/8/

Guest elbee909

Chelsea fans are the worst sufferers of Final Score Syndrome, according to More Than.

And we're meant to be discouraging this?

one night if i get very very drunk i may tell you all a story relating to this sort of thing.

don't be shy.

That's what got him into trouble in the first place.

I reckon, for every point you get on your licence or crash you cause, you should have to be run over by a car doing 5-10mph (or put in a device that does something similar). That should see drivers start paying a bit more attention to driving.