Peter Ramage

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

A very average player at NUFC who gave his all every time. Feel deeply sorry for his bad day today. Well done Rambo for a good year at QPR, we took no satisfaction in your red card.

That game at SJP against Fulham where we were cruising until about 85 minutes when he fell over and let Routledge cross for McBride to score and they ended up beating us 2-1.  :facepalm:

Guest neesy111

That game at SJP against Fulham where we were cruising until about 85 minutes when he fell over and let Routledge cross for McBride to score and they ended up beating us 2-1.   :facepalm:

i think you'll find titus was to blame that day for both goals ffs

That game at SJP against Fulham where we were cruising until about 85 minutes when he fell over and let Routledge cross for McBride to score and they ended up beating us 2-1.   :facepalm:

Absolute nonsense, but you're not alone.

Ramage was a terrible footballer for us.

Nope.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2006-07html/2006-09-09fulham-h.html

82 mins  Routledge attacked down the right and an unfortunate slip from Ramage allowed a cross that went straight across the six yard area and McBride  thumped in an accurate drive at the far post. 1-1

My main memory of him was that it was him headed the ball straight to Rooney, who in turn thumped it into the back of the net from 40 yards out. If that hadn't happened we'd have won that game, Man U weren't at the races that day, by their standards anyway.

I remember a game vs West Ham where they scored 2 inside the first 15 mins or something and he was completely taken out by Harewood for one of the goals. Got subbed immediately for Edgar or Huntington because of "injury".

I remember a game vs West Ham where they scored 2 inside the first 15 mins or something and he was completely taken out by Harewood for one of the goals. Got subbed immediately for Edgar or Huntington because of "injury".

He was all over the shop that game. For that goal you're talking about, the way he let Harewood turn was absolutely comical. Ramage let him swivel so much that he was facing his own goal by the time Marlon got the shot away.

Edgar came on for him in that game and got man of the match iirc.

He was poor, but always gave his all. Not 'fond' of him but don't wish him any ill whatsoever.

"22 mins Former mackem McCartney rolled an innocuous looking ball up to Harewood on the edge of our area and Ramage was caught on the wrong side of the striker, allowing him to easily turn and then prod the ball past Given. To call it a schoolboy error would be an insult to pre-pubescent pupils up and down the land...0-2"

:lol:

Did ok before the red card today, he had to go but no-one was pleased about it really. He looked absolutely gutted, felt really sorry for him. We sung his name as he left the pitch mind and he acknowledged the away fans. Always quite liked him, never cut out for top flight football in a million years though.

Always seemed to give 100% but that was rarely good enough. Probably a decent lad but he's a dreadful footballer. I've got no problem with peple getting all misty-eyed about former players but I've got to draw the line at Ramage.