Andrei Arshavin loves to talk

Village Idiot

I think that he has earnt his own thread throughout the season. Guy's a quote machine. Now he's publicly whored himself out to Barça again. Ignore the fact it's me posting this or the Barça link, I just love his big mouth.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=arshavin-i-m-on-my-way-to-barca%26method=full%26objectid=22227489%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Andrey Arshavin: I'm on my way to Barca

Ben Duffy

Andrey Arshavin says he will quit Arsenal for Barcelona this summer - and reckons team-mate Gael Clichy could follow him.

The Russia midfielder has been a stand-out performer for the Gunners this season.

But he has was rebuked last week by manager Arsene Wenger - who is adamant Arshavin will stay and play a big part in the team next term - for talking up his chances of moving to Spain.

But speaking after that dressing down, and with comments that are sure to further enrage his boss, Arshavin, said: "I am going to Barcelona in the summer.

"I have always dreamed about going to Spain and playing for the best team in the world.

''They were unsure about me when I was playing in Russia but I have shown them that I'm the real deal and I know they are ready to talk to me.

"I want to play for the top team and be trying to win every competition, I don't think you can rate one better than the other, it is all about winning. I want to play for them and that is never going to change.

"I know Gael Clichy would love to play out there as well, and he would work well in their team.

"It would be tough trying to compete with Xavi and Iniesta but that is the competition I want, I don't want to walk into a team."

Love how he casually drags Clichy into it  :lol:

What do your lot think of him, Fabregash?

He has this "Ask Andrey" section in his website, which is an absolute cracker. Not only his answers since some of the questions are absolutely mental  :lol:

http://www.arshavin.eu/en/news.php

16. From honeygirl

Hello Andrey! My question might be silly, but the whole purpose of this site is to ask you the questions that interest us :) As far as I know, Orlando Bloom lives in England (I’m not sure where exactly) Maybe you met him somewhere? Well, I guess it’s possible)))

Good luck!

Arshavin: No.

Andrey, was Windows 7 your idea?

AA:

Unfortunately, no.

Hi Andrey! I just wanted to ask, if your daughter decided that her dream was to play professional football, would you encourage/support her in this?

AA:

I hope it will never happen.

13. From veizel

Hi! I’m overweight. What shall I do?

Arshavin: Lose weight :)

14. From veizel

Hi, Andrey! I am 13 years old and I began to play football 2 years ago.

Do you think I’ll be able to become a professional footballer?

Arshavin: I do not know.

6. From lizon

Andrey, why do you rarely hit the gate? Passes are also good, but maybe you should score more often?

Arshavin: I'll think about it.

14. From aram

Hello, Andrey! I am 12 years old. I'm your fan and I wear a jersey with your name on it. Please tell me how to learn to play football, without straining myself. I do not like physical exertion.

Arshavin: It’ll be difficult for you.

7. From RinaBeer

Hi. I am 25 years old and I’m still not married. My parents are very upset about this. They say I can end up a spinster. But I don’t want to get married yet. What shall I do? (Sorry if this is off topic; just want to know your opinion)

Arshavin: I think i can help you.

Step 1: You need to find a scruffy heavy drinker.

Step 2: Once you’ve found him, try to persuade him to “marry” you. I think that for a small amount of money, he will agree to fulfill the role of your fiancé

Final: Bring this guy home. Tell your parents he’ll live with you

I think next time they will think better before forcing their opinion on you.

:lol:

If those quotes are accurate, the bloke is clearly very selfish and has no respect for his team-mates or his manager. Dragging Clichy into it as well makes it even worse.

Barca might do well to consider that they already have enough players of similar style and ability, and this bloke spells trouble.

Andrey, are you frightened of bears?

AA:

On the contrary, I like bears.

He answers the questions like Babatunde, so naturally it is easy to conclude that Babatunde is actually Arshavin posting on here pretending to be an African living in America so we won't know it is him. Sorry Arshavin, the gig's up, we know who you really are now.

Guest guinness_fiend

If those quotes are accurate, the bloke is clearly very selfish and has no respect for his team-mates or his manager. Dragging Clichy into it as well makes it even worse.

Barca might do well to consider that they already have enough players of similar style and ability, and this bloke spells trouble.

From what I can gather from his press statements over the last few years, Arsenal was always considered a stepping stone before an eventual move to Barca.  It's not like he's hidden the fact at any point.

I can run fast.i am a left striker.i run till the end of the field and then what should i do?the other strikers and midfielders dont run as fast as me after reachin there wat should i do?

AA:

Just keep on running.

I can run fast.i am a left striker.i run till the end of the field and then what should i do?the other strikers and midfielders dont run as fast as me after reachin there wat should i do?

AA:

Just keep on running.

Run Forest, rrrruuuunnnn!! :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's funny because he doesn't play for my team.

Not even players wearing the Liverpool shirt play for your team.

Hi Andrey,

I understand you are at a top club, which gives great chances to win cups but would you ever consider challenging yourself at a lower club, in a different part of the country?

I'm talking about Sunderland in particular. Our fans love to have you in our team. What is it like to play against our team?

Liz

AA:

I don’t have such plans. It doesn’t matter for me what team to play against, the most important thing is to win and stay injury-free.

15. From knopka42

I’ve already written you three letters but they haven’t been delivered...Well ... My name is Olga, I’m 13 years old. I go out for football and I’m your biggest fan..... Well, my dad does not allow me to play football but I want to…- Andrey, tell me what to do?

Arshavin: Listen to your Dad.

15. From knopka42

I’ve already written you three letters but they haven’t been delivered...Well ... My name is Olga, I’m 13 years old. I go out for football and I’m your biggest fan..... Well, my dad does not allow me to play football but I want to…- Andrey, tell me what to do?

Arshavin: Listen to your Dad.

Bahahaha!

It's funny because he doesn't play for my team.

Not even players wearing the Liverpool shirt play for your team.

Still, they're not shooting their mouthes off, either. It could always be worse.

Guest BooBoo

After what he showed when he first arrived last season, Arshavin hasn't really covered himself in glory this year. Whilst it would be great to have a player of his class in our team, it's annoying having to read about pne of your players constantly touting himself for a move.

After what he showed when he first arrived last season, Arshavin hasn't really covered himself in glory this year. Whilst it would be great to have a player of his class in our team, it's annoying having to read about pne of your players constantly touting himself for a move.

He's carried an injury for best part of the season to be fair to the fella.

For me, he's one of the the top players in the league and I'd love for us to have an Arshavin-esque creative player in our side.

Another wise Wenger move when everyone else was hanging back as he'll always get his £10m back when the guy moves on.