Points target 2010-2011

Rob W

Nowt like starting early eh?

say 50 points to survive/mid-table mediocrity

Home - lose against 4 of the top clubs, draw against another 3 = 12 wins + 3 draws = 39 points

Away  - need 11 away points - 2 wins at the other promoted teams and 1 against this seasons dross, a draw at the Stadium of S**** = only need another draw to make 50 points  :celb: :celb:

Of course I'm sure they'll give us Manure away for our first game  :undecided:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Much tougher next season. Last season burnley and hull along with Portsmouth for obvious reasons were always poorer than the rest.

I think 35 will see us safe. 40+ would be a good first season back

Guest geordienorway

Last year the team managed 6 wins overall. I think it's a bit ambitious to hope for 12 home wins.

The club should be aiming for 45-48 points, which means winning 10 home games and picking up at least another 4 points from home draws.

This then leaves us needing to collect 11 plus points from away games - not an unreasonable ask, but one that will only be achieved by the team strengthening we know is needed.

It sounds easy on paper, but if you look at who we have to play, it is FAR from easy...remember, we failed to beat WBA in 3 games and lost one of them - WBA will be the bookies' second fave for relegation in my opinion, so it shows how tough the task is.

Only 8 clubs have won 10 or more home matches this season, no-one in the bottom 7 have won more than 7. We're going to have to face it there's going to be a lot of frustrating matches.

Aye, it's going to be shite next year.

Still, it will make the wins sweeter, unlike this season where we basically expected to win every game.

For me there's currently four sections to the league:

The big three - Anything we get is a bonus. Could well be a big four again next season with City throwing their weight around in the transfer market

The chasing pack - The top eight is pretty much set in stone with the odd change here and there. We'll pick up odd points here and there, particualrly at home if they're having an off day.

Mid-table - About three or four teams who aren't good enough to break the top eight but always comfortably survive. Should be beating them at home, could possibly pick the odd point away from home too.

The rest - Consists of average-at-best sides who manage to scrape their way to safety every year, no reason why given the right investment we can't take six points off any of this lot.

40 points - with at least 30 of those at home.

(mackems have got 34 points at home this season, and 10 away. West Ham who are safe in 17th have 25pts at home, and 9 away)

The quality of the league should be much higher next season, with 3 absolutely s**** teams going down. If Forest go up in the playoffs, can't see a Derby-like team being miles bottom.

Just getting to 40 points as quickly as possible should be our only target. Anything after that would be sexually fantastic.

Right now i will be happy to survive, so i guess about 40.

Hopefully abit higher expectations at the end of the summer transfer window. Looking at the PL with WBA, Westham, wigan, bolton, stoke, and even fulham, and ofcourse the playoff winner, there should be chances to win some games next year :)

I note how sensible everyone's being in here. I wonder if we'll all remain in that mindset come the first few weeks of the season?

Or after an opening day 1-0 win at home to Wigan.  :pow:

Aim high. As The Prophet said, if you play well at home against sides like us or Villa who are having an off-day, there's no reason you can't get something.

Ultimately, as is so often the case, you'll need to beat the teams around you. There'll be at least 8 or 9 home games where you should realistically be looking to get maximum points, IMO.