Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2

Spider Jerusalem

Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 Out October 26

LucasArts has confirmed that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 will be out on October 26 for Wii, PS3, 360, PSP and DS.

The news comes via the game's own Facebook page, which reads: "May The Fourth be with you, since it will be Unleashed Oct 26th, 2010!"

SW: TFU2 once again puts players in control of Starkiller, Darth Vader's apprentice, set between the films Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Despite already revealing a release date, very little else is known about the game, but more will surely be revealed at E3 next month.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/star-wars-force-unleashed-2-out-october-26

Hopefully it waill be an improvement over the first one.  It was a canny laugh going around and chucking things about using the force, but was totally spoiled by having the major set-piece that the game was sold on - dragging a Star Destroyer out of the sky - being one of the most tedious levels of just about any game I've ever played as well as having uber-bosses at the end of each level.

Plus, the first one gave me RROD as well.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully, they'll do an "Assassins Creed" and listen to the fans and fix what was broken with the first one. There is massive potential in a series like this, especially with PS Move and Natal coming. Dismemberment would be nice addition as well, it's just not lightsabers without it.

First one was total shit. This would have to be unbelievable.

Although, I have to ask if I'm the only one completely sick of Star Wars. I've had enough of it already.

Howay Mike lad! First one wasn't total shit. It was overhyped and nowhere near as good as it should have been, but it wasn't complete garbage.

I'm pumped for Star Wars stuff again though, after having recently watched the original trilogy again. Fucking great films they are.

Only decent Starwars game I can remember playing was one on the N64 where you flew around those big horse robot things and tied their legs up, good fun.

Only decent Starwars game I can remember playing was one on the N64 where you flew around those big horse robot things and tied their legs up, good fun.

Did you not play Jedi Academy? That was fucking brilliant.

Nah, would it be worth picking it up now? It's only £6.99 on Steam or £14.99 for the collection.

Nah, would it be worth picking it up now? It's only £6.99 on Steam or £14.99 for the collection.

You don't have enough fucking games!?>@

You don't have enough fucking games!?>@

Steam has ignited the collector in me man, it's horrible :(

First one was total s***. This would have to be unbelievable.

Although, I have to ask if I'm the only one completely sick of Star Wars. I've had enough of it already.

Sadly aye, the prequels spoiled what could have been a fantastic build up to the originals, fail.

Star Wars games that come out are all based on the same tired old shit.  I dont know how they can keep churning them out.

what next?

a new person with the force discovered that is soooo strong that they can destory the universe by simply frowning?

The Force Unleashed has really disappointed me.  I've give up on the game half way through as it's so damn boring and repetative and seems to do levels that I don't get much out of.  Swear Jedi Knight: Outcast etc. did it and did it well, where these days they fanny around over making it look pretty but forget to make a decent fun game with a good story.

Why the hell aren't LucasArts doing a new 'Star Wars Battlefront' game instead of this? I'm pretty sure 'Star Wars Battlefront 2' was the best selling 'Star Wars' game ever so a new version for the current consoles would make sense. Multi-player on-line would be extremely popular.

Why the hell aren't LucasArts doing a new 'Star Wars Battlefront' game instead of this? I'm pretty sure 'Star Wars Battlefront 2' was the best selling 'Star Wars' game ever so a new version for the current consoles would make sense. Multi-player on-line would be extremely popular.

Using the CODMW2 engine, calling in vader or a luke skywalker for a hack n slash session instead of a care package.

take MW2 and put star wars skins on it

take Jedi out of the picture and star wars up the maps and killstreak rewards and your on to a winner

If they had mod support for the PC version it would no doubt have happened

take Bad Company 2 and put star wars skins on it

take Jedi out of the picture and star wars up the maps and killstreak rewards and your on to a winner

If they had mod support for the PC version it would no doubt have happened

• 5 months later...