Flat pack products

Gash

I've got a project at Uni to do a product design creating a brief for a flat pack project, not something too big but something creative. Does anybody have any ideas? I'm pretty stumped.

Thinking of doing a flat pack/easily portable chair

or

flat pack/portable goal posts

Got detered by my lecturer of doing, what he described as, a box with legs.

As i had an idea of a unique storage method where the DVD's would be in the table draw but you'd be able to see them due to a toughened glass top.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/561/img00279201005061224.jpg

Is it meant to be flat pack so it's easy to sell/store/stack on shelves, or is it meant to be flat pack so it's portable for the end user?

The chair idea has legs (!) if it's the latter, old people always want something to take on picnics, country walks and that.

Is it meant to be flat pack so it's easy to sell/store/stack on shelves, or is it meant to be flat pack so it's portable for the end user?

The chair idea has legs (!) if it's the latter, old people always want something to take on picnics, country walks and that.

need to clear this one up first.

Thinking of doing a flat pack/easily portable chair

or

flat pack/portable goal posts

Got detered by my lecturer of doing, what he described as, a box with legs.

As i had an idea of a unique storage method where the DVD's would be in the table draw but you'd be able to see them due to a toughened glass top.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/561/img00279201005061224.jpg

Haha I basically made that exact same thing for my GCSE Resistant Materials.

I probably sound like a square but I reckon a flatpack lunchbox would be decent. Something made of decent enough material to be reusable. Once you've had your dinner you can just fold it back down and store in your bag without it taking up a lot of space. At home you would just fold it up into a kitchen draw. Could be aimed at kids or adults. It'd be big in japan if stylish enough. It'll beat taking your lunch to work in a morrisons bag or in tupperware.

Bare in mind this is coming from the guy invented the 'Leggapeg' for a major graphic design project. Got top marks like :snod:

Guest je85

I probably sound like a square but I reckon a flatpack lunchbox would be decent. Something made of decent enough material to be reusable. Once you've had your dinner you can just fold it back down and store in your bag without it taking up a lot of space. At home you would just fold it up into a kitchen draw. Could be aimed at kids or adults. It'd be big in japan if stylish enough. It'll beat taking your lunch to work in a morrisons bag or in tupperware.

Bare in mind this is coming from the guy invented the 'Leggapeg' for a major graphic design project. Got top marks like :snod:

I would use that.

EDIT: although thinking about it, if there's room in your bag for a lunch box on the way to work/school/college/uni nine times out of ten there's the same space on the way home.

I don't know what course you're on and at what level you're studying but I would probably steer away from the whole furniture angle. As Barack already alluded to, its a bit high school. Just my opinion like.

I would use that.

EDIT: although thinking about it, if there's room in your bag for a lunch box on the way to work/school/college/uni nine times out of ten there's the same space on the way home.

True. I have a metal weezer lunchbox :blush:. Used it a few times at uni until I got stick of it making my bag all bulky/poking me in the back etc.

Any oppotunity to have an emptier bag and I would take it, personally. But I'm biased because its my idea :razz: