Rooney or Drogba

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I voted Drogba, by the way.

Their counting stats are virtually indistinguishable, which leaves only what their teams have won or are about to win as the measure that separates the two, and Drogba obviously has a massive advantage in that respect.

Assists in Prem (soccernet):

Drogba 10 Rooney 3

No goals from pens either for the Drog.

I'd still be tempted to say Rooney though as take him out of Man United and they've struggled, take Drogba out of Chelsea and they haven't.

Both had fantastic seasons but I voted Rooney as he's developed more as a player and really stepped up to the plate this year after the departure of Ronaldo.

Drogba on the other has been as effective as ever but not necessarily improved his game.

I'd still take big Leon over both though.

Rooney. Chelsea still win games without Drogba while ManUtd are addited to Rooney. Rooney might has not as many assists as Drogba has but his workrate makes up for that again. His work rate is the biggest difference between those two imo. Rooney is all over the pitch sometimes.

If you wanted one of them for a game today I'd take Drogba as I think he is better currently.  If you were signing one now for a long term investment, Rooney.  Drogba won't be at this level in 5 years time where Rooney will (and maybe better than Drogba).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Drogba has had a more successful season, however in regards to personal success, it has to be Rooney. He's stepped his game up another level, almost been a one man show to keep Man U within spitting distance of a very strong Chelsea squad and is younger.

Both have scored 26 goals in the league.

Rooney's scored 5 of his 26 goals through penalties, so only 21 of his goals have come through open play. I'm not sure how many of his non-league goals have come through penalties.

Drogba hasn't taken a penalty all season.

Rooney, as he is more important for his team than Drogba. Drogba is quite possibly a better player, but he is surrounded by better players than Rooney.

Exactly my thought. very well done swedish chef.

Rooney, just because of his age.

This.

Drogba is a better all round striker, but Rooney would be better value for money.

Isn't the thread about who had the better year this season though?

I went with Rooney in any case, think he's carried Man U to a phenomenal degree this year, they've essentially looked shite without him.