Shaun Maloney

Baggio

Newcastle are considering challenging Sunderland and several other English rivals for Celtic star Shaun Maloney.

The Scotland international is in a contract stand-off at Parkhead and will be free to talk to other clubs in the New Year.

And with little prospect of Celtic agreeing to Maloney's estimated £20,000-a-week wage demands, the pressure will be on them to sell him in January.

Maloney's ability to play up front, in the hole or out wide is highly rated by teams South of the border.

"Shaun knows Newcastle are interested, as is Roy Keane at Sunderland," a source close to 23-year-old Maloney told the Sunday Sun.

"There's been talk of Aston Villa coming in - probably due to Martin O'Neill knowing Shaun from his days at Celtic - but we've heard nothing about that."

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid are the latest club to consider taking Newcastle's Albert Luque back to Spain in January.

Injuries to Maxi and Martin Petrov have left Atletico short of attacking options and pondering signing Luque, if only on loan.

According to wiki, he won SPL young player of the year last season, and fans' and players' player at celtic.  He's 23, scored 16 goals last season.  Has been injured alot and i believe he scored in the shearer testimonial

[/quote

just what we need then

Looks like the tailor made replacement for James Milner when he leaves.

Know little about him to be honest. The rumours have been busy today though.

Reports in Spain suggest that Valencia defender David Navarro is thinking twice over his proposed move to Newcastle United in January..

Newcastle United and Fulham have both been linked with moves for Leicester City defender Patrick Kisnorbo.

Newcastle United have been credited with an interest in Ajax left-back Urby Emanuelson, but clubcall understands they have little chance of landing him

Ivory Coast international Steve Gohouri is aiming to clinch a move to Britain in the New Year. Reports claim Newcastle United and Wigan Athletic want to take the £1 million-rated defender to The Premiership.

All appearing today in several places. Its only going to get worse until we reach February.

Quote from: Yorkie-Geordie on Yesterday at 01:45:27 PM

Is he any good?

He's not bad on Pro evo Razz Other than that, I haven't a clue.

Im living up in aberdeen at the moment while i go to university so i get to see alot of SPL football up here and know alot of celtic fans, they rate him very highly, very quick and very skillful. not sure if we have room for him in midfield, however cud be a good upfront accuistion if he does not have to much of a price tag on him. quite short tho, adding to our dwarf squad.

o and forgot to say, in terms of aston villa being interested, they maybe, but reading to scottish sport alot i thinik every player ever associated wiv celtic under old martin, (i go to uni wiv his nephew by the way), has been linked with a move to villa. so alot of rubbish going around

Reports in Spain suggest that Valencia defender David Navarro is thinking twice over his proposed move to Newcastle United in January..

Since when does he have a proposed move to Newcastle to think twice over?..

Why would he even think twice?! I wouldn't even think once, stay away for the good of your career.

Been on the cards for weeks now.