Wireless internet problem

Ally

This is so bizarre:

Got a wireless internet in our house, got a good Belkin router and a USB stick that picks up the connection. It works absolutely great pretty much all the time, but as soon as I leave the computer idle for about 5 minutes it disconnects and you have to restart the computer.

Is there some sort of setting i've got on that disconnects when idle or have I just got an AIDs infected USB stick?!

This is so bizarre:

Got a wireless internet in our house, got a good Belkin router and a USB stick that picks up the connection. It works absolutely great pretty much all the time, but as soon as I leave the computer idle for about 5 minutes it disconnects and you have to restart the computer.

Is there some sort of setting i've got on that disconnects when idle or have I just got an AIDs infected USB stick?!

Check the router settings (192.168.1.1), cant give exact details not having the same router as you, but my router has a choice between Max Idle Time and Keep Alive on the front page. I'm guessing you will have a similar setting somewhere, just click on all the tabs until you find it.