Martin Jol sent off!

Baggio

Game finished 1-1.

Great volley from Tugay from about 25 yards for the first goal but should of never been sent off, Spurs goal came from the penalty spot.

About 2 minutes after the penalty Blackburn sent a free kick into the penalty box which Mido clearly controlled with his arm, yet nothing given.

Ghaly sent off late on for an elbow, Jol sent off for crying about it.

Guest kingdawson

Game finished 1-1.

Great volley from Tugay from about 25 yards for the first goal but should of never been sent off, Spurs goal came from the penalty spot.

About 2 minutes after the penalty Blackburn sent a free kick into the penalty box which Mido clearly controlled with his arm, yet nothing given.

And i suppose your gonna tell me he actually connected with the elbow :roll: :roll:. That Phil Dowd is a joke of a ref alongside mr rob styles and alan wiley.

Game finished 1-1.

And i suppose your gonna tell me he actually connected with the elbow :roll: :roll:. That Phil Dowd is a joke of a ref alongside mr rob styles and alan wiley.

He cought him in the head with his arm, the reply clearly shows it.

Phil Dowd done you lot a favour today with not giving a penalty against Mido, if he had given the penalty he'd also have sent him off as he was already on a yellow.

Guest kingdawson

Game finished 1-1.

Phil Dowd done you lot a favour today with not giving a penalty against Mido, if he had given the penalty he'd also have sent him off as he was already on a yellow.

so your honestly telling me that was a deserved red card?

Game finished 1-1.

It was about as deserved as Tugay's.

Guest kingdawson

Game finished 1-1.

That my point. When you were summing up the game(on your earlier post) you went on about what a wrong decision it was to send of tugay and what a crime it was that blackburn didnt get a pen. But when you describe Ghally's sending off, you make it as if it was deserved. I mean in your own words "it was about as deserved as Tugay's" so i dont see why you didnt question it.

The fact is, both decisions were terrible and Dowd is a joke of a ref.

Game finished 1-1.

He caught him in the head with his arm, the reply clearly shows it.

That my point. When you were summing up the game(on your earlier post) you went on about what a wrong decision it was to send of tugay and what a crime it was that blackburn didnt get a pen. But when you describe Ghally's sending off, you make it as if it was deserved. I mean in your own words "it was about as deserved as Tugay's" so i dont see why you didnt question it.

The fact is, both decisions were terrible and Dowd is a joke of a ref.

I take your point, at the time I'd only seen the replay of Ghaly's elbow once and was still undecided about whether it was a sending off or not, he didn't catch him with the elbow but the way he launched himself towards him with his arm as high as it was could be classed as dangerous play.

What did you think of the Mido handball incident?

tbh i havnt 100% made my mind up yet but im more inclined to say that it was a pen.

Ghaly stands on Tugay's ankle, so he gets a penalty and Tugay gets sent-off.

Makes 100% complete sense to me.

He's talking about Mido's hand ball.

Guest kingdawson

tbh i havnt 100% made my mind up yet but im more inclined to say that it was a pen.

Ghaly stands on Tugay's ankle, so he gets a penalty and Tugay gets sent-off.

Makes 100% complete sense to me.

having just watched the highlights, i have come to the conclusion that tugay's was definatly a sending off as ghaly was the last man and he definatly stopped a genuine goalscoring opportunity (albeit unintentionaly). As for the Mido incident, you can see he controls it with hes chest, so the ref was spot on there and Ghaly most definatly did not deserve the red card.

A bit off topic but how pathetic is Mark Hughes, he says mido admitted handballing it then he quickly backtracks when questioned on it by the interviewer.