Kieron Dyer

Guest BooBoo

Not a knee jerk to yesterdays game but its clear as day that when he's in the side Dyer is arguably our most talented player.

I just hope he can remain fit and in the side. Can only be a good thing for the club.

Having said that i wouldnt start him v Celta Vigo and instead keep him fresh for Portsmouth.

Amazing what a difference having his & Martins pace had yesterday. The few times we did attack we actually made Arsenal look nervous at times (very occasional mind). Hopefully them coming back can have the same sort of impact the signings of Robert & Bellamy had on us 5 years ago.

Guest Bubbles

we all can joke how Dyer is always injured and he's getting paid for doin' jack all but wen he pulls on the black & white of the toon, he can compete with any player in the premiership wen fully fit

having him fully fit is like having a new signing

A propper footballer is what he is, no bang route one, he passes it out from the back, looks for the give and go, holds it up, links up play, closes down when we have not got the ball, he does the lot. We really have missed him more than people thought we were goign to, him staying fit is just massive for us.

This is the same Kieron Dyer that everyone thought was shite, and too lightweight, and couldn't pass or shoot to save his life 3 years ago?

Happy to say I have never thought that  :thup:

I have always defended the lad.

Just about everyone else did. I think he's shite personally, just he's the best player we have. Which is probably why we are 17th.

He does have the ability to drop deep and come forward with the ball and not lose it which is something we missed. Despite yesterdays excellent finish he still lacks end product but is still a talented footballer who when fit brings a positive to the team.

He does have the ability to drop deep and come forward with the ball and not lose it which is something we missed. Despite yesterdays excellent finish he still lacks end product but is still a talented footballer who when fit brings a positive to the team.

the main thing is to take the initiative. We will never do that unless we can play people who will get forward, keep the ball, turn defenders, worry them etc.....we have spent all this season giving the ball away through not having quality and numbers up front. Dyer is an attacking player we have been crying out for because he can support his front men quickly.

An out and out forward who will perform from day 1 is essential to put alongside him and Martins, and if Dyer is injured again or the club thinks he won't last the season, then we need to replace him in January too.

Thing is we are playing him as a striker and he is a midfielder, if we use Dyer in the middle alongside Parker then it leaves Scotty to be the holding DM, tough on Emre but Dyer creates much much more than Emre does.

Thing is we are playing him as a striker and he is a midfielder, if we use Dyer in the middle alongside Parker then it leaves Scotty to be the holding DM, tough on Emre but Dyer creates much much more than Emre does.

Butt is a better holding midfielder than Parker.

that is true, but we won't play Arsenal away every week.

I think in home games he could play more centrally, especially against the weaker teams. I think if we had a player able to play a central attacking role I would give him more of a right sided role, or free role on either side, but either way he would be play a very forward position, leave him up when we defend corners etc etc and that immediately commits the opposition to keep 2 men back. Small things like that are positive thinking and transform the way you play. We saw the goal yesterday, Arsenal defended 2 against 2, and paid the price. With Dyer and Martins teams need 3 players back. Throw in another forward alongside Martins, with Dyer slightly deeper and its even better, in general play too.

Fuck me, I've just seen a swallow!

I'm off to fetch me sun cream

blueconfused.gif

"One swallow does not a summer make"

PS: He might have been shite when he got injured, but that was in comparison to the players around him then.  eg. Bellamy. The players around him now are not the same standard eg. Sibierski. Could see the difference when you played us, the threat level of the attacking play went thru the roof.

I hoped Butt would settle down after leaving Manu, and am now glad he is still here.

I hoped Butt would settle down after leaving Manu, and am now glad he is still here.

He has been one of the bright spots on whats been a poor season so far, nothing flash but does the job we ask of him well. :thup:

Was thinking ealier how he is actually quite a useful player for us now, didn't want him back from Brum but he is a decent squad player and can do a good job when called upon. Does seem to add a better balance to the midfield.

I am not to sure that Parker knows what role Glenn wants him to play, I think if he is told to say back and hold the midfiled then he will do, but Emre does that too so when they are together in the middle its like neither of them are sure which one should be pushing on and who should be holding.

Where as Dyer does not have that holding part in his game, he is all about getting forward and taking people on.

Its not very offten Parker does that, Emre will now and then but Dyer will look to do it as soon as he gets the ball.

I am not to sure that Parker knows what role Glenn wants him to play, I think if he is told to say back and hold the midfiled then he will do, but Emre does that too so when they are together in the middle its like neither of them are sure which one should be pushing on and who should be holding.

Where as Dyer does not have that holding part in his game, he is all about getting forward and taking people on.

Its not very offten Parker does that, Emre will now and then but Dyer will look to do it as soon as he gets the ball.

there is something wrong with Newcastle's central midfield.

Parker and Emre don't get forward enough, or gel properly. Butt and Parker is too defensive but good for certain games ie yesterday.

Butt and Emre would be similar to Parker and Emre. And Emre is a homer.

What bothers me more than anything, is that despite being aware of the fact it isn't good, Parker still ends up on his arse far too much. And as partnerships, they just don't appear to be working at their flaws ie dovetailing, which they must be aware of.

We spend too much time giving the ball away and defending because of our weakness in midfield and up front. There is too big a gap between the midfield players and the front men. When did you last see Emre get into the box ? Yet he is supposed to be the most attacking player of the two ? He should be consistently looking to support his front players and running past them as well.

there is something wrong with Newcastle's central midfield.

Parker and Emre don't get forward enough, or gel properly. Butt and Parker is too defensive but good for certain games ie yesterday.

Butt and Emre would be similar to Parker and Emre. And Emre is a homer.

What bothers me more than anything, is that despite being aware of the fact it isn't good, Parker still ends up on his arse far too much. And as partnerships, they just don't appear to be working at their flaws ie dovetailing, which they must be aware of.

We spend too much time giving the ball away and defending because of our weakness in midfield and up front. There is too big a gap between the midfield players and the front men. When did you last see Emre get into the box ? Yet he is supposed to be the most attacking player of the two ? He should be consistently looking to support his front players and running past them as well.

Steve Sidwell would be worth a look in January as he will only have 6 months left on his contract or we could start giving Pattison more games if he is ready.......or we could go for someone who isn't ginger, im not fussed :D