Panorama and under age drinking.

Parky

Guest Toon Sarnie

Just been watching some of it.

One of then said (he was 15).."I've had 3litres of Lambrusco"... blueeek.gif THREE LITRES!

But you know what are they supposed to do trapped in these urban wastelands?

Buy Thunderbird or 20/20, gets you pisse quicker and you wont piss like a race horse.

Guest optimistic nit

reckon its the other way round parks.

still its not like your brain cells at 15 are the only ones you'll ever have... :roll:

One of then said (he was 15).."I've had 3litres of Lambrusco"... blueeek.gif THREE LITRES!

Buy Thunderbird or 20/20, gets you pisse quicker and you wont piss like a race horse.

20/20 !! You must be joking, piss water man. That's what the lasses would get wrecked on!

Guest Toon Sarnie

20/20 !! You must be joking, piss water man. That's what the lasses would get wrecked on!

When you're 15 you take what you can get. Nice Avatar by the way. :thup:

When you're 15 you take what you can get. Nice Avatar by the way. :thup:

blueyes.gif

Kind of on-topic, me and my mates were walking through town on Saturday, when this drunken chavette screams "Did you see X-Factor?" at us, we grumble "No" back with a kindof fuck-off tone, but obviously she doesn't notice, she proceeds to scream "she's best of both - HOVIS! HOVIS! HAHAHAHAHAHA! before proceeding to run after us shouting "HOVIS" I really thought I was about to be attacked by a loaf of bread or something.

Guest Gemmill

Everyone on here was an underage drinker, I'm sure, but the difference between me drinking underage and these kind of mongs doing it is about 100 IQ points.  Fucking retards the lot of them.

I think we're paying now for what the Tories back in the 1980's.  A lot of kids have nowhere to go and nothing to do on a Fri/Sat.  The result of chonic underfunding is that many youth clubs/boxing clubs/community projects closed down and playing fields were flogged off to pay for mini roundabouts and traffic wardens.  Labour have never bridged the gap, preferring to spend billions of pounds instead on brining "freedom" to grateful foreign nationals (the ones who are still alive that is).

Boredom, peer pressure, the British drinking "culture" - whatever the reason  the kids are getting cheap booze from somewhere.  The drinks industry have a vested interest in turning out generations of alcoholics and they don't have to sweep up the wreckage afterwards.  That would be a good place to start imo if anyone was serious about the problem.

Whatever the solution - and Labour's answer will probably involve taxing law abiding drinkers yet further in the name of health - I think you have to offer kids something positive as an alternative.  Investing in sport at school and valuing sporting achievement, in the same way as the Australians imo, would be a start.

Guest Gemmill

I don't really buy all that "give us something to do" stuff.  I remember watching Kilroy and The Time, The Place back in my teens when all these scruffy tramps would be justifying their lives of petty crime and vandalism with the "There's nothing else to do so I basically steal/destroy things to entertain myself." argument.

I must have been pretty bored to be watching Kilroy, but not once did it occur to me to switch off the telly and steal a car instead.  They're just bamps, that's all.

"Whatever the solution - and Labour's answer will probably involve taxing law abiding drinkers yet further in the name of health - I think you have to offer kids something positive as an alternative.  Investing in sport at school and valuing sporting achievement, in the same way as the Australians imo, would be a start."

Govt is not interested in solutions.  Parky OT III Thetan. Message nebula. bluewink.gif

Govt perpetuates itself and its power through chaos.

I don't really buy all that "give us something to do" stuff.  I remember watching Kilroy and The Time, The Place back in my teens when all these scruffy tramps would be justifying their lives of petty crime and vandalism with the "There's nothing else to do so I basically steal/destroy things to entertain myself." argument.

I must have been pretty bored to be watching Kilroy, but not once did it occur to me to switch off the telly and steal a car instead.  They're just bamps, that's all.

I think it depends who you're talking about.  At the extremes there will always be scruffy tramps who are beyond hope.  There's nothing you can do for them I expect (unless you're a member of the "bring back national service brigade").  Of course I'm generalising to make the point so you can always point to exceptions.

But Parky's implication was that underage drinking - by which we mean chronic binge drinking - is endemic and out of control.  That being the case, it cuts across all sections of society.  That's where I think yoof & community projects offer an alternative lifestyle to some but as you say, not all. 

Regardless of the solution, my impression is that the UK seems worse than other countries for underage drinking.  Why is that?

"Regardless of the solution, my impression is that the UK seems worse than other countries for underage drinking.   Why is that?"Kitty

We have a very destructive and aggressive culture?

What we need is good world war.  That'll sort the little ruffians out!

Well it used to work...

Guest Gemmill

Regardless of the solution, my impression is that the UK seems worse than other countries for underage drinking.   Why is that?

Our moronic culture unfortunately.  Most people go out on a mission to consume as much alcohol as possible and judge the quality of their night on that basis. 

Regardless of the solution, my impression is that the UK seems worse than other countries for underage drinking.   Why is that?

Our moronic culture unfortunately.  Most people go out on a mission to consume as much alcohol as possible and judge the quality of their night on that basis. 

The real question is why we are like that in the first place?