Is Tom Cruise clinically insane?

Parky

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/TomCruise/

"The big spiritual advice offered to the newlyweds in the Double Ring ceremony is, basically, "never go to bed angry". Wow! That's deep!

Scientologists believe they are immortal spirits, and the Double Ring makes reference to the circle being an "emblem of permanency", representing "time and space -- which are without ending". The implication of this circle imagery is that the two people are to be joined together forever. But a few lines earlier the proposed bond is more tentative: "your one joint desire in present time is that the love you have created shall remain a reality throughout your future years." Does that mean future years in this lifetime?"

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/TomCruise/wedding-ceremony.html

One hell of a beleif system. But are we all looking for something?

Guest Gemmill

He comes across as a right tit these days IMO.  I watched that clip of him on Oprah again the other day.  How embarrassing man. 

He comes across as a right tit these days IMO.  I watched that clip of him on Oprah again the other day.  How embarrassing man. 

tbh I've never liked him as an actor.  Haven't enjoyed many of his films either.  If he retired tomorrow I wouldn't feel diminished. 

The one thing I will say for him, is that he does spend a lot of time talking to fans and signing autographs etc, which he doesn't have to do, and which a lot of his less famous "colleagues" don't bother with.

Yeh that one is awful.

What annoys me most about him, is that every film he's in he HAS to be the main star. Other good actors, for example Di Caprio will have a lead role in a film, such as Departed, and be alongside other big names like Nicholson, Damon, Wahlberg etc. You'd never in a million years see Cruise do that, he has to have the attention to himself.

Look at all the dvd covers/posters to any film he's in, its always:

TOM CRUISE

Mission Impossible

Seriously gets on my tits.

Tom Cruise is a class actor

totally gone in the head, but a class actor

He's been alreet in the odd film tbh. Class actor is overstating it.

If Scientology wasn't so expensive I'd love to have a go. blueyes.gif

I think you can do it on a budget, Parky.  Just wire yourself up to the mains.  Make sure it's no longer than a couple of seconds though, you can have too much of a good thing.  No charge for the advice  bluebiggrin.gif 

I know Vic, I found myself reading about some of it this morning...A couple of sub-links away from the Cruise wedding story.

I'm sure they could slot me in at some kind of Jedi level and perhaps I could take charge of a few dozen fresh American airheads err...Young blondes...err students I mean. :)

Guest Invicta_Toon

Made some good films but completely deluded and rich (which means popular with Scientology)

your avatar is broken btw