The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Flicking the V could be argued as showing your English heritage though. Churchill used it and it originates from the battle of Agincourt (the English archers flicked the V at the French to show they still had their fingers to fire arrows at them).

This is a myth btw.

From a Guardian thing about what their writers want to happen in 2012:

Paul Wilson

I suppose Liverpool growing up and ditching the persecution complex would be too much to hope for. It was a bit rich to accuse the Football Association of prejudging the Luis Suárez investigation when the club have been unable to keep quiet on the matter from the outset. Bill Shankly used to be a one‑man public relations industry on behalf of Liverpool FC, before the term had been properly recognised. The present crass campaign lacks his magic touch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/28/mario-balotelli-manchester-city-captain

Guest bimpy474

Flicking the V could be argued as showing your English heritage though. Churchill used it and it originates from the battle of Agincourt (the English archers flicked the V at the French to show they still had their fingers to fire arrows at them).

This is a myth btw.

QI ?

This is a myth btw.

And Churchill's "V for Victory" gesture was different -- hand the other way around.

The best players he signed had their best days AFTER he left. I don't think John Bairns or Ian Rush will be remembered as club legends

His good signing were cancelled out by Andreas Andersson, Des Hamilton, Stephane Guivarch, his pensioner mates Rush and Barnes, his son etc, compounded by selling Ferdinand, Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla, Clark. From 5 of the best attacking talents around to 1, when the 1 left inevitably got injured we were relying on Andreas fucking Andersson and John Barnes was top scorer with 6 goals.

From 2nd place and title challenges to 13th and 4 points above relegation. From probably the most entertaining team in Europe to the dullest in the league. From 70 goals a season to half that, yet despite the dour football we conceded more aswell.  Some going in a year.

The best players he signed had their best days AFTER he left. I don't think John Bairns or Ian Rush will be remembered as club legends

His good signing were cancelled out by Andreas Andersson, Des Hamilton, Stephane Guivarch, his pensioner mates Rush and Barnes, his son etc, compounded by selling Ferdinand, Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla, Clark. From 5 of the best attacking talents around to 1, when the 1 left inevitably got injured we were relying on Andreas fucking Andersson and John Barnes was top scorer with 6 goals.

From 2nd place and title challenges to 13th and 4 points above relegation. From probably the most entertaining team in Europe to the dullest in the league. From 70 goals a season to half that, yet despite the dour football we conceded more aswell.  Some going in a year.

TBF to Dourgliesh IIRC we pretty much gave up in the league once we'd won the Cup semi-final and were never in danger of going down.

Still a massive fucking fall though, his son :lol: fucking weapons grade horseshit that lad. Easily one of the worst players I've seen in the kit.

Guest Heneage

His good signing were cancelled out by Andreas Andersson, Des Hamilton, Stephane Guivarch, his pensioner mates Rush and Barnes, his son etc, compounded by selling Ferdinand, Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla, Clark. From 5 of the best attacking talents around to 1, when the 1 left inevitably got injured we were relying on Andreas f***ing Andersson and John Barnes was top scorer with 6 goals.

TBF to Dourgliesh IIRC we pretty much gave up in the league once we'd won the Cup semi-final and were never in danger of going down.

Still a massive f***ing fall though, his son :lol: f***ing weapons grade horseshit that lad. Easily one of the worst players I've seen in the kit.

He played in Pedro's testimonial too. I think they came on together. :lol:

Are there any threads about NUFC on that Liverpool forum people keep obsessively posting quotes from? Do they even know this forum exists?

If you don't care about Liverpool then why are you bothered if people see we have a big thread on them? :shifty:

202 pages on a club that we don't even have a rivalry with, and we call Sunderland fans obsessed. I even see some of you took time out of Christmas day to post about Liverpool. Bravo.

Stop making posts in the thread then. You're obsessing about the obsession. 

His good signing were cancelled out by Andreas Andersson, Des Hamilton, Stephane Guivarch, his pensioner mates Rush and Barnes, his son etc, compounded by selling Ferdinand, Beardsley, Ginola, Asprilla, Clark. From 5 of the best attacking talents around to 1, when the 1 left inevitably got injured we were relying on Andreas f***ing Andersson and John Barnes was top scorer with 6 goals.

Still a massive f***ing fall though, his son :lol: f***ing weapons grade horseshit that lad. Easily one of the worst players I've seen in the kit.

Paul fucking Dalglish :lol:

Didn't he score at least a goal for us though?

Just saw 'Shame On a Negrito' myself :lol: Fantastic

I sniggered. That is excellent.

Darren Bent would (ironically) be worth at least 3 goals for Parky.

:(

Darren Bent was upset when Mackems racially abused his mother. I'm sure he's dying to play for KKKenny.

*something witty about crosses*