The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Ronaldo is a thoroughbred race horse. Like Frankel, a genetic freak..

He has to work extra hard to compensate for his lack of Messi type skill. Which he does.

He scores a shed load of goals with an unusual toe poke style of striking the ball. If he wasn't so fast/fit/strong he'd be a bang average footballer but take nothing away from him. He works his tail off to get the chances he gets in games.

If Ayoze had even a sniff of that sort of professionalism he'd be a superstar.

"Too many try to model themselves on Ronaldo" Aye don't model yourself on the hardest working player in the game lads

Yeah, I'm sure that's what he meant, especially when you put it into context with everything else he said.

I know what he meant, he just used a horrible example to get his point across

Think that's incredibly harsh on his ability tbh.

:thup: No fan of his, but there's no denying that Placcy Ronaldo is a very, very good footballer.

he just changed his game as has been said, went from provider to selfish goalscorer once it became very clear he was a brilliant goalscorer and he's pursued that ruthlessly ever since

i do wonder if he could have adapted the other way to become a great #10

He's taking charge of the u18s. At that stage you're passed the 'let the kids enjoy the game' stage and they have to be morphed into proper footballers.

It's not about enjoying - it's about learning the game and improving your skills. You're not goign to become a proper footballer playing under 18's footy

The toe poke finishes is largely down to superb technique.

Remember we've seen the lad from the age of 18. Look how he's developed into a poacher, brilliant movement in the box. The leap may be in part due to his physique but the technique in his headers is also tremendous.

People talk about his development just in terms of physicality but he improved every area of his game (except selflessness) technically and in his mind, if he's going to pass. He didn't just do a Gabby Agbon and get hench - no he dedicated himself to training. Physical and technical. You can tell i training he wants to be the best. Train the hardest.

James Milner is similar in that aspect although not as good. Developed leaps and bounds over the last 10-15 years.

Pretty sure it was a conscious change from Ronaldo to bulk and use his physicality instead of his technical dribbling out on the wing. He was equally as fun to watch as Messi was during his time at Man Utd.

giphy.gif

Guest Howaythetoon

Ronaldo doesn't have Messi's skill set (who does?), but he's a very skillful player in his own right and technically brilliant. He has totally transformed his game. From a skinny but leggy one trick winger to a centre-forward that can be argued is the best ever in that position? I actually prefer Ronaldo to Messi and if I could have either in my team, I'd have Ronaldo over Messi. I think he's a great player and if I were a coach or a manager with a talented young player on my hands I'd say use Ronaldo as a role model.

Rooney had similar ability, maybe even more, and while he's also had a great career, he will never be considered a great great player outside of his own club and the Premier League maybe. Ronaldo will go down as one of the all-time best and rightly so. What he has achieved and how he has made himself to be the player he has is nothing short of remarkable. More so than Messi IMO.

Ronaldo doesn't have Messi's skill set (who does?), but he's a very skillful player in his own right and technically brilliant. He has totally transformed his game. From a skinny but leggy one trick winger to a centre-forward that can be argued is the best ever in that position? I actually prefer Ronaldo to Messi and if I could have either in my team, I'd have Ronaldo over Messi. I think he's a great player and if I were a coach or a manager with a talented young player on my hands I'd say use Ronaldo as a role model.

Rooney had similar ability, maybe even more, and while he's also had a great career, he will never be considered a great great player outside of his own club and the Premier League maybe. Ronaldo will go down as one of the all-time best and rightly so. What he has achieved and how he has made himself to be the player he has is nothing short of remarkable. More so than Messi IMO.

No.

No.

not even close :lol:

Guest neesy111

i know it's the wrong thread but messi getting those 500 goals in 577 leagues man, for absolute fucks sake :lol:

In 577 leagues is even more impressive.

Guest firetotheworks

i know it's the wrong thread but messi getting those 500 goals in 577 leagues man, for absolute fucks sake :lol:

The way he's almost caught up with the amount of games that he's played is fucking frightening. His first 80 goals took him 161 games. Since then he's scored 422 goals in 417 games. I remember my mind being blown when Cole, Shearer, and Ronaldo (when at Man United) were getting around 35 goals a season. Messi and Ronaldo are regularly averaging 50 - 60 goals a season, even when they're considered as being out of form. Madness that we've had both of them at the same time as well.

The way he's almost caught up with the amount of games that he's played is fucking frightening. His first 80 goals took him 161 games. Since then he's scored 422 goals in 417 games. I remember my mind being blown when Cole, Shearer, and Ronaldo (when at Man United) were getting around 35 goals a season. Messi and Ronaldo are regularly averaging 50 - 60 goals a season, even when they're considered as being out of form. Madness that we've had both of them at the same time as well.

yeah, if he'd not had those early years blighted injuries who knows?  probably would have been on a goal a game :lol:

• 3 months later...