More injury problems... Duff out for 2-6 weeks - Oliver

Guest Ridzuan

Guest Ridzuan
NEWCASTLE United pair Damien Duff and Craig Moore will await the results of scans after picking up injuries during the 1-1 draw with Arsenal on Saturday.

Irish international Duff, who put in a great shift helping out the defence from the left flank at the Emirates Stadium, was replaced four minutes from time and left North London nursing a sore knee.

Aussie centre-back Moore, meanwhile, limped off in the final minute after appearing the damage a hamstring.

Boss Glenn Roeder said: "Both will have scans but until we have the results it's too early to say anything more."

With Celestine Babayaro (groin) and Stephen Carr (toe) also in the treatment room, the Magpies are running short of defensive personnel, presenting the Magpies' manager with a possible selection dilemma ahead of Thursday's UEFA Cup clash with Celta Vigo at St. James' Park.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~930830,00.html

A hope it is not a serious injury for both of them,especially Duff.

Blessing in disguise that Duff is injured, IMO.

I agree. Roeder seems to think Duff is undroppable... He's injured now, good! will give Zoggy some deserved play time.

It will all come to nothing if Zog is still going to run out onto the pitch in his  "my poor litte dog, its arse will never be the same" mode.

His future is in his hands let hope he has the will to do something with it.

I agree. Roeder seems to think Duff is undroppable... He's injured now, good! will give Zoggy some deserved play time.

Duff is to Roeder is what Boumsong was to Souness. He feels he has to play him just to justify signing him in the first place.

moore will certainly be the bigger miss.

but comparing duff with boumsong and the likes is over the top - but i'm not the least worried about zoggy taking over!

moore will certainly be the bigger miss.

but comparing duff with boumsong and the likes is over the top - but i'm not the least worried about zoggy taking over!

I don't mean as players, I mean in terms of the manager feeling they're undroppable just to prove a point.

alright, then i more or less agree.

i still think we'll see what a great player he really is - the only problem still being, that he wasn't what we needed the most...

Duff is to Roeder is what Boumsong was to Souness. He feels he has to play him just to justify signing him in the first place.

Good point. And it seems true even beyond Roeder. Duff was our big summer signing so he has to be playing every game as it is a question of prestige and recognition....

SSN just reported Duff could be out for six weeks with a knee injury.  blueeek.gif blueeek.gif

I think they have read Anal's speculation.

My reading of the situation, though, is that at best, Duff will be out for a fortnight but if the scan reveals any cartilage damage it will be around six weeks.

Guest TampaToon

in no way shape or form is this a good thing...the way things were unfolding, it looked like duff was more likely be pulling Left Back duty in the upcoming games than standing in zog's way at left midfield...

too bad for n'zogbia if he feels he's being sold short, but with the team still active in 4 competitions, everyone's going to get plenty of games without being "helped" by the injuries of others.

Guest ckmuzza

Couldn't agree anymore.

Couldn't agree anymore.

It's a pant load, tbh.  Duff came with a pedigree, whilst I'd never even heard of Boumsong before he came.  Duff is a quality

player, he just doesn't get the service he deserves.  Having the ball kicked over his head every time we go up field doesn't

really help. 

Guest theunis

Yip now the ball is in the Zog's hands he needs to show some class and make it hard for Rouder to select Duff. Going to be interesting line up come thursday

Now Glen will put Luque on the left wing :lol:

I'd like to see that at some point tbh. Zoggy has been underplayed, but not majorly. He's played in every single game this season but one, he just hasn't started enough. I want him to start against Vigo, but i want to se Luque played in his best position... something he's never done here.

Roeder could be gone by the time Duff gets back, if the takeover gets pushed through.

Anyway, Duff has been poor this year and wingers is the one thing we have plenty of so he's not as big a loss as some players would be. Really hope N'Zogbia steps up and starts playing like we know he can, so when Duff gets back he can't be dropped.