Food for thought

James

Premiership games played by Given this season:

Wigan (h) - won 2-1

Villa (a) - lost 0-2 (Best Performance against us this season IMO)

West Ham (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (a) drawn 1-1

I've been very critical of Given in the past, but the 7 out of 12 points earned in those games pretty much make up our Premiership season so far, and these are no easy fixtures. Has it been down to great individual performances, or is it the presence of Given both on and off the field which are making his team-mates raise their game, or is it just coincidence?

Personally, I will be putting any improvement in form as being down to Given, and not Roeder.

Wigan (h) - won 2-1

West Ham (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (a) drawn 1-1

I've been very critical of Given in the past, but the 7 out of 12 points earned in those games pretty much make up our Premiership season so far, and these are no easy fixtures. Has it been down to great individual performances, or is it the presence of Given both on and off the field which are making his team-mates raise their game, or is it just coincidence?

Personally, I will be putting any improvement in form as being down to Given, and not Roeder.

Shay is a legend and we can be in no doubt he saved us on Saturday.

p.s. Great thread title :D  :thup: great song.

Wigan (h) - won 2-1

West Ham (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (a) drawn 1-1

Wasn't he in goal when Fulham did us up here?

Wigan (h) - won 2-1

West Ham (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (a) drawn 1-1

Wasn't he in goal when Fulham did us up here?

Crap, he was, and that kind of contradicts everything I wrote.