Moore: good enough or not?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest stormrider

Graeme souness's free signing, spent the first few months of his time invisible, came back straight into our shaky back four. Is he doing good or not?

He's done canny, much better than i thought. I like to think we spent £4m on Boumsong and £4m on Moore, makes you feel a little less sick.

But should be replaced in the summer for a younger and better CB.

Guest theunis

He is not the future but at the present he is a consistent performer and that is what we need. He gets the job done but we should be looking for more class though

Guest eyeball_tickler

He's done canny, much better than i thought. I like to think we spent £4m on Boumsong and £4m on Moore, makes you feel a little less sick.

better CB yes, but we need an experienced CB as our defence is quite young/shit

i voted good enough - as in good enough for now, good enough as a squad player, better than bramble

I'd like him to stay another year, gets the job done and keeps his head down (these days at least)

better CB yes, but we need an experienced CB as our defence is quite young/shit

Yeah, not too young, but someone in the Woodgate age bracket.

not doing it for me,he runs as if weights are attached to his legs,he is not the kind of defenders we need,but with titus bramble as our other option,i say we really need him :D

but i would bring a decent center back,a left back and then play the new guy with taylor,while moore can be their to back-up,step two,murder bramble..

Absolutely yes, as long as he is NOT played more than once per week. The games where he has faded badly are usually after he has played recently. He is getting on in years (retirement is looming for him) and needs to be played sparingly.

Not good enough. Unless we are HAPPY being a bottom-quarter of the Prem/top-quarter of the Championship team. In which case he is good enough.

Replace with a good defender to play alongside Taylor, as soon as possible.

Keep Moore as a defender on the bench if we must, he's better than that fat pile of dung Shambles, but he's not a first-teamer if we intend to not be in the bottom half of the EPL.

I'd put him on a par with the likes of de Zeeuw, Primus, Weir & Ben Haim.

I reckon in a team based on defending, he'd do an equal job if not better at their respective clubs.

Ben Haim is better than those players you mentioned.

Moore has a serious problem in that he is incredibly slow. With his pace you have to get tackles right nearly every time otherwise there's no second chance. He doesn't.

He seems keen on returning to Oz- so let him go.

The problem with Moore is that when he goes for the ball, if the striker does anything remotely resembling a turn or half-turn, Moore gets either completely cut out of the picture as he ends up several yards behind the play, or has to resort to fouling.

Decent defender, but too aggressive whilst being hampered by a lack of mobility, and simply isnt a good enough centreback for someone who is so slow, as opossed to centrebacks like Hyppia for example.

Yeah good enough but as others have said he is going at the end of the season. Back to Oz to play for a club he used to play for or something if i remember correctly....

Um... No, considering the entire league is only two years old with clubs started from scratch - and that he never played senior football in Australia...

Anyway, I voted yes because I'm biased but am perfectly willing to accept he has flaws to his game. tmonkey's analysis of his lack of pace and mobility is spot on - but underestimates the 'strategic' nature of his fouls. Yes, he can be a right dirty bastard at times, but when does he give away free kicks in the sort of position Taylor did on the weekend? Very rarely I would suggest...