Today at work...

Dave

Guest Gemmill

My attitude is that the work all gets done eventually.  I'm not sure how, but it does.  So if I fancy a morning or a full day of doing nothing, it's ok.  :cool:

I have a self-motivation problem at work. If things need doing and I could spread them over a full week to make things easier for myself, I never end up doing that.

I do them when I need to do them. :hmm:

Guest Gemmill

Same here.  Maybe if they gave me something interesting to do, things would be different.  In other, words, it's not my fault.  bluebigrazz.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

lazy workshy gits

I bet your bosses are bemoaning your latest shoddy unproffessional efforts as we speak, and are mulling over the cost/benefit equation of firing your sorry asses

hear speaks one who knows (as in the boss not the employee)

Guest Gemmill

lazy workshy gits

I bet your bosses are bemoaning your latest shoddy unproffessional efforts as we speak, and are mulling over the cost/benefit equation of firing your sorry asses

Fuck off, student layabout.  bluebigrazz.gif

lazy workshy gits

Not really.

My line manager is on holiday, and my boss just gave me an 8% pay rise.

Guest Invicta_Toon

lazy workshy gits

Not really.

My line manager is on holiday, and my boss just gave me an 8% pay rise.

I once got a 6% pay rise, to be made redundant the next month

raises are decided by middle management

firing your ass comes from the top

Guest Invicta_Toon

That's unlucky.

I'm part of the future of this company, and have been told so by the top. bluebigrazz.gif

I was told personally by the chairman how valuable I was

he was the one who couldnt get the company making enough money to cover the wages for 18 months, hence 7 staff had to go

In another place, the co-director who hired and continually praised me mysteriously dissapeared as responsibility for staff and finances were transferred to his fellow co-director, (who used to let his retarded 40 yr old son come and hang around our workshop full of the weapons and radioactive sources, to 'keep him busy') funnily enough at the same time as that redundancy drive

I reckon you're being set up for a shafting Davyboy

Guest Invicta_Toon

Basically Vic, if you were any good they wouldn't have got rid of you.  Perhaps going back to uni was the best move for you.  :thup:

Gemmil, obviously still working on the logic that companies always do the most sensible thing

you'll go far I reckon  bluelaugh.gif

And I reckon it will be, it's hard to get made redundant when you're the only guy who knows the shutdown codes  bluewink.gif

Guest Gemmill

No need to get defensive, I'm just saying - if you're not ready for the workforce yet, then going back to school and waiting a few years until you're better equipped probably makes a lot of sense.  Good decision.

Same here.  Maybe if they gave me something interesting to do, things would be different.  In other, words, it's not my fault.  bluebigrazz.gif

Your timesheet is no doubt a masterpiece of fiction.  Unless your place has a "mooching around on N-O and TT all day long" code?  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

No need to get defensive, I'm just saying - if you're not ready for the workforce yet, then going back to school and waiting a few years until you're better equipped probably makes a lot of sense.  Good decision.

as if mate,

some of us when bored of where they have got to in their working lives, decide to be pro-active, invest the gains from said aforementioned career progression, and go and do something cool/interesting/CV enhacing

I had the top line management job, but in the end was bored with what I was being paid to do, so decided to get back into what my original degree was for

Now I get to play with lego and robots all day. Beats being a bored accountant by a long way

this time next year I will most likely be down in Bristol designing the next Mars Rover  blueyes.gif

Guest Gemmill

Your timesheet is no doubt a masterpiece of fiction.  Unless your place has a "mooching around on N-O and TT all day long" code?  bluebiggrin.gif

No timesheets here, although I used to have to do them in my other job.  I discovered some great catch-all codes and just flogged them mercilessly.  It also helped that I was working on a job with a $4m annual fee so basically nobody noticed the fact that I was doing fuck all and charging all my time to the code.  On a $400 per hour chargeout too - that's right ladies, I'm expensive.

That's unlucky.

I'm part of the future of this company, and have been told so by the top. bluebigrazz.gif

I was told personally by the chairman how valuable I was

he was the one who couldnt get the company making enough money to cover the wages for 18 months, hence 7 staff had to go

In another place, the co-director who hired and continually praised me mysteriously dissapeared as responsibility for staff and finances were transferred to his fellow co-director, (who used to let his retarded 40 yr old son come and hang around our workshop full of the weapons and radioactive sources, to 'keep him busy') funnily enough at the same time as that redundancy drive

I reckon you're being set up for a shafting Davyboy

Nah.

Guest Invicta_Toon

No timesheets here, although I used to have to do them in my other job.  I discovered some great catch-all codes and just flogged them mercilessly.  It also helped that I was working on a job with a $4m annual fee so basically nobody noticed the fact that I was doing fuck all and charging all my time to the code.  On a $400 per hour chargeout too - that's right ladies, I'm expensive.

D&G manbag expensive, or Gucci?

D&G manbag expensive, or Gucci?

:lol:

Guest Gemmill

as if mate,

some of us when bored of where they have got to in their working lives, decide to be pro-active, invest the gains from said aforementioned career progression, and go and do something cool/interesting/CV enhacing

I had the top line management job, but in the end was bored with what I was being paid to do, so decided to get back into what my original degree was for

Now I get to play with lego and robots all day. Beats being a bored accountant by a long way

this time next year I will most likely be down in Bristol designing the next Mars Rover  blueyes.gif

Being on the scrapheap in your 20s is nothing to worry about Vic.  You'll bounce back.

Guest Invicta_Toon

as if mate,

Being on the scrapheap in your 20s is nothing to worry about Vic.  You'll bounce back.

higher faster stronger ...

already outstripped your achievements no doubt

It always gives me a chuckle when I think back to an old mate who did accountancy and suffered a shit wage until he finally qualified at about 27, by which time I was already a manager. He is now no doubt in the same malaiase as yourslef Gemma, only just getting round to buying his own place for 500k for 2 beds, all the more miserable because he's still with the rat-faced bird that no-one out of all of us ever liked