Sky+

MidfieldGeneral

Basically I read through the instruction book and I was under the impression that you could record 2 things at once. But when I tried to do that the other day it came up on the screen saying that it was going to clash.

Now someone has told me that to record 2 things at the same time you have to actually be on the channel of the second thing that is recording but I'm pretty certain that the instruction manual doesnt say that.

i have 52% free on mine after about 3 weeks!! series link is fantastic i dont knoiw how we lived without it

I'm begining to wonder how I coped without mine and I've only had it a week lol.

Call me a snob but even though I've got 2 videos in the house, since dvd's came out, I have not used a vcr and the amount of stuff I've missed is untrue.

Also my mrs won't watch have the shite that I do so I end up not watching it all......until now.

I've started recording shit like the Flintstones, the Pink Panther and the A-Team and watching them through the day whilst the mrs is at work.

I used to laugh at Skys catchphrase for Sky+, "create your own channel" but its true.  I browse through all the channels and just record loads of shit thats on through out the night and then watch it through the day one after the other.

me and mrs paddy have been watching a program called 'my wife and kids' its on 607 trouble, anyway i set up a series link for this, its on a couple of times per day, anyway we now have 25 eps to watch!!!! also series link a team and the dukes of hazzard

me and mrs paddy have been watching a program called 'my wife and kids' its on 607 trouble, anyway i set up a series link for this, its on a couple of times per day, anyway we now have 25 eps to watch!!!! also series link a team and the dukes of hazzard

Oh no, you don't watch that do you!! It's on BBC 2 as well and it's terrible!!

I lurv my Sky+

Had it for about a year.

One program to record, a goodun to watch when there's nowt on is, Deadliest Catch, on Discovery.

Check out at about 9PM, then 2-4AM on Tuesday night, its on then.

Great program, i've only seen the 1st 3-4 episodes, i dont know how many there are, not many i'd imaging, but 3 episodes will be at that time, so you can catch up.

The 2 things I wanna record are both on late so I'll just have to mind on to leave it on one of the channels when I knock the tv off.

Don't worry about that, it'll switch itself over.

I have looked at getting for a while now, we have a stand alone DVD recorder and I do not really record to much as it is, but it was the DD 5.1 with sky+ that caught my eye. But I hear there are very few channels to broadcast in DD 5.1.

Its cheap now like coz of the new thing telewest have brought out on their TV servicem same sort of thing as sky but its free.

So you sky+'ers how many programs are boradcast in DD5.1? see if its worth my while getting..

• 1 year later...

I have looked at getting for a while now, we have a stand alone DVD recorder and I do not really record to much as it is, but it was the DD 5.1 with sky+ that caught my eye. But I hear there are very few channels to broadcast in DD 5.1.

Its cheap now like coz of the new thing telewest have brought out on their TV servicem same sort of thing as sky but its free.

So you sky+'ers how many programs are boradcast in DD5.1? see if its worth my while getting..

Not sure about how many channels broadcast in 5.1 but make sure your home cinema can take it for a starter.  I got HD about a year ago and was hoping to have 5.1 sound instantly.  The mistake I made was that the home cinema needs an optical input to connect up with the optical output from the Sky box.  Not many 'all-in-one' home cinemas have it.  There's a couple of expensive ones on the market and I think quite a few of the separate systems have it.  At the moment I haven't bothered upgrading.

Not sure about how many channels broadcast in 5.1 but make sure your home cinema can take it for a starter.  I got HD about a year ago and was hoping to have 5.1 sound instantly.  The mistake I made was that the home cinema needs an optical input to connect up with the optical output from the Sky box.  Not many 'all-in-one' home cinemas have it.  There's a couple of expensive ones on the market and I think quite a few of the separate systems have it.  At the moment I haven't bothered upgrading.

Erm, have you noticed the date of the post you replied to? :lol: