Recommend a laptop

Crumpy Gunt

Me iPad doesn't display the spec list properly, but it looks good from what I gather. They do money off often, but you'll be waiting 2months for the next one.

Cheers man. :thup: I need to have a think, do I borrow money and get this great deal before it expires, or do I retain my dignity...

Well there are labels next to the laptops saying 'we don't work for commission, we work for YOU' but that image was fucked over somewhat when I overheard a manager briefing 2 staff members about targets and the like, something along the lines of "Rachel made £2500, you made £1700 - her profit margin was 1.5, your's was 1.2 - the target's this or that, etc".

I said I didn't want Norton because I'd had it before and it offered no more protection than the free one I used after that, AVG.  He claimed AVG was rubbish, we had to agree to disagree.  I was quite interested in the insurance cover but not on the terms they were asking.  I already had a laptop bag.  Cheeky fucker wouldn't even give me a plastic bag to cover the thing on the way home, had to go and beg for one at the front desk.  You don't want to be walking around Walford with a new laptop.

Walford is a real place?  :kasper:

:lol: Yeah, I live there.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2010/9/22/1285157066521/EastEnders-tube-map-007.jpg

Do you live on the square? What's Phil like in real life?

We live at Pat's - it's 500 squid a month, plus an extra 50 for unlimited access to the bar in the front room.

Phil looks a lot like Bruce Willis in real life, the telly doesn't do him justice at all.  He does look a bit rough when he's on the crack like, but who doesn't?

:lol:

Just read this again. Howay, man: that's top class. :lol:

I need a laptop. Doesn't have to be anything special, just something I can browse and download on, run a game or two, run a few music programs and do some work on. Standard shit.

Just wondering if any of the technology connoisseurs on here have spotted any decent deals lately? I don't frequent any of the techy websites or know anything about laptops really so any help would be appreciated.

Budget about £500? Does that buy anything decent nowadays? I'm really clueless tbf. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.212-9810.aspx

Same price as the Dell I posted earlier with much better specs. Should I get that? Only problem is that I know Acer is a bit less highly rated than Dell, but the specs are really good. Torn.

I borrowed an Acer off my brother and found that the keyboard was crap so don't buy just off seeing an advert.  The one I borrowed had a curved keyboard and I kept hitting the wrong keys because they weren't where I expected them to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Right Guys,

In desperate need of help.

I'm changing jobs next week and so have to hand my laptop back in. Need to get a new one but after reading the internet for the last 3 hours I am still none the wiser.

Basically want it to play FM2012, stream skyplayer/4OD, general internet use, Itunes, set up some sort out of illegal music downloading programme.

Not sure how much I should be looking to spend but open to any recommendations.

Please please  help!!

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. Been messing about with an HP that must be from 2005ish, which was great as I didn't give a shit what happened to it. It's had a good life but died this week.

And one of the ones I have my eye on is HP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can anyone recommend a laptop or netbook to fulfill the following requirements for my mrs?:

windows os, preferably the best one whatever that is (7?)

light and thin would be a big preference

she wants it for general internet browsing, online shopping mostly, probably some media use like watching videos and so on, must do skype/video calling

price not a problem as such

what're my options?

I got a Dell XPS a couple weeks back. Would highly recommend, the screen and the speakers are really top notch and if you can find a couple discount codes (there's normally a fair few knocking about for Dell) you can get a very decent spec for a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason why this isn't a good deal??

Sony Vaio, core i3 processor, 4gb ram, 2.1ghz, 15.5" screen, 320gb hdd. No usb 3, but does have hdmi out.

Special offer in john lewis near me for £407 because it doesn't have a box.

Hmm, think you could go online and get better tbh.