Firefox 2

indi

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I've not upgraded to IE7 either because it'll mess with my bbc film-downloading thingy-ma-jig.

Although, having said that, I'm tempted to go for FF2 in the hope that it'll mean and end to the non-workingness of embedded media players, which pisses me right off at the moment.

Well, Sage, Adblock Plus, Stylish, Greasemonkey, IETab, Downthemall, bugmenot and all the little ones I use have been updated and are fine. Some extensions were made obselete by included features, so there's no longer an updated searchpluginhack, etc.

If any extensions you use aren't updated for FF2, that's probably because there's a better alternative out there.

Well I've installed it, but now according to add/remove programs, I have both v2.0 and v1.5.0.8 installed, doesn't seem to cause any problems, but when I tried to uninstall the old version it tried to close the v2.0 windows I had running. Any ideas.

In other news bbc media player now works properly, wahey!!

That kind of sucks. But if you put it in context, it's a new phishing technique, and FF1.5 will almost certainly behave the same. It only works on websites where you already have a username/password saved (A random myspace can't steal your paypal password) and where users can add HTML code. I can't really think of much apart from myspace (and it's clones) that will do that today.