TALL players we need in Jan??

Guest GLENEAGLE

Guest GLENEAGLE

Everyone knows we are a team of midgets and that no matter how good a team is, you always have to have some sort of height around the pitch so that you can compete in the air because poor teams will play it in the air more than skillful teams. My midfielder would be Bouba Diop, tall strong and athletic, striker would be Darren Bent for obvious reasons, good goalscorer, strong with a good presence. Defender would be Upson for me. Wingers and full backs dont necessarily have to be tall but i think we are lacking in the engine room areas in this department. What quality tall players do you have in mind for january?? I know some of you might think its not that important but imo i think it is essential to suit certain games. Opinions??

from what i've seen, diop is much better than butt. both are good defensively, but diop has more of a presence, so i'll give him the edge. Also diop is pretty decent skill-wise and can get forward and score the odd goal.

There is a Diop goal Vs Man U on Youtube, the cockney commentator is hilarious! :lol:

Is that that Fulham Fanzone bloke?

Charlie i think, i was watching the game with him commentating and he went absoloutely mental when Diop scored, comes out with some funny things that bloke  bluelaugh.gif

Cracking goal aswell like  :thup:

There is a Diop goal Vs Man U on Youtube, the cockney commentator is hilarious! :lol:

Is that that Fulham Fanzone bloke?

Charlie i think, i was watching the game with him commentating and he went absoloutely mental when Diop scored, comes out with some funny things that bloke bluelaugh.gif

Cracking goal aswell like :thup:

"Awww ahnd eeezzz dooin a lil daunce in frant of tha cottage"

Don't think we NEED tall players. If we could get round to play a good passing football, then we won't really need them. Perhaps for defending, but we should have cover as our CMs aren't small.

aye, i hear emre and parker have auditiones for land of the giants.

dyer and butt are thinking of giving it a shot as well.

we must be one of the smallest teams in the league.

we are desperate for some height

Don't think we NEED tall players. If we could get round to play a good passing football, then we won't really need them. Perhaps for defending, but we should have cover as our CMs aren't small.

Exactly.  I'd rather we learned how to play good, passing football where height isn't needed instead of becoming the new Bolton.

Even tall defenders aren't important.  The 2 best centre backs in the world(imo), Cannavaro and Puyol, are 5'9 and 5'10.

Exactly.  I'd rather we learned how to play good, passing football where height isn't needed instead of becoming the new Bolton.

Even tall defenders aren't important.  The 2 best centre backs in the world(imo), Cannavaro and Puyol, are 5'9 and 5'10.

Yeah but they play in a league where the poorer teams don't just attempt to score from set plays, sadly we don't.

aye, i hear emre and parker have auditiones for land of the giants.

dyer and butt are thinking of giving it a shot as well.

we must be one of the smallest teams in the league.

we are desperate for some height

:lol:

meant CDs.

michael gravgaard from fc copenhagen - big strong central defender with great timing. fantastic in the air.

diop sounds good, but as a footballer i'd probably prefer appiah - even if he is a bit smaller!